ID help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ishar2_*

Guest_ishar2_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hey there. Here is a bunch of pictures of my 10G native biotope tank. I was wondering if anyone could help me ID some of the plants I have? Thanks for any help!!

Here are the pictures. Other than what is shown here I know I have arrowhead and horsetail (or horsehair? I forget).

FTS
Posted Image

Unknown #1- notice growth in 5 days, no ferts
Posted Image-->Posted Image

Peppermint
Posted Image

Water Forget-Me-Nots (I believe. When I gathered the three plants of it, one of them had blue flowers exactly like Forget-Me-Nots, so I think it is a safe guess :P ). This has already grown about an inch since I first gathered it.
Posted Image

Unknown #2- not sure, but I think this stuff has also all grown about an inch!
Posted Image

Unknown #3- star competitor hahaha. One of the stalks has grown over an inch and has a good dark red stem (two different stems shown here)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Unknown #4- this stuff is also growing, but it is really hard to guess at how much
Posted Image

#2 Guest_ishar2_*

Guest_ishar2_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Unknown #5- this is the new flower I grabbed. See how only one flower is only sort of open? Well after today there are two flowers open and one is working on it!! So cool! They are little pink things with four pedals.
Posted Image

Grass- I think this is just typical grass. Nothing special, but I figured no native biotope tank is complete without it right?
Posted Image

Anachris (I think)- this stuff had really brittle stems when I collected it...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

Where are you located? Please add it to your profile. Street address not necessary, but how about county and state? Makes a big difference for IDing both plants and fish.

Unknown #1 looks like a Polygonum sp. Hard to tell, though, without being able to see the stem.
Unknown # 2 is a different species of Polygonum.
Unknown # 3 looks like your peppermint. See the square stems? What does it smell like?
Unknown #4 also looks like a third Polygonum (it looks jointed in the picture), but one again hard to tell without seeing the stems
Your grass looks like Leerzia. Are the edges rough such that they could cut your skin?

#4 Guest_valerie48_*

Guest_valerie48_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:33 AM

I agree that 1 and 2 are Polygonum. I have similar ones!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users