Business Idea for Mexican Tetra

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jasonp_*

Guest_jasonp_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

No, this isn't spam :rolleyes: I found this article and immediately thought about Mexican Tetra - Astyanax mexicanus. If any of you have ever swam with them, you know they like to nibble on you. Maybe we could do a south Texas version of this :)
http://news.yahoo.co.../fish_pedicures
Jason

#2 Guest_itsme_*

Guest_itsme_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

What do you guys think, the article calls the fish garra rufa, but I swear in that photo they look like young tilapia. A Google image search on garra rufa yields photos of the kind of Asian sucker mouth fish one would expect. And this fish, the Asian one, appears in many other articles about pedicures. Should someone inform AP that they've got the wrong fish name for their story? The man in MD is using a fish adapted to warm water. Tilapia fit the bill.

#3 Guest_jasonp_*

Guest_jasonp_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

What do you guys think, the article calls the fish garra rufa, but I swear in that photo they look like young tilapia. A Google image search on garra rufa yields photos of the kind of Asian sucker mouth fish one would expect. And this fish, the Asian one, appears in many other articles about pedicures. Should someone inform AP that they've got the wrong fish name for their story? The man in MD is using a fish adapted to warm water. Tilapia fit the bill.

Well, if they're Talapia, he will have a heck of a business venture on his hands. They can eat feet until they are about 2 pounds and then he can sell them for food (we eat them). Thats just gross on so many levels.

Edited by jasonp, 22 July 2008 - 09:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users