Please shrink pictures

17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_uniseine_*

Guest_uniseine_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

I gave up looking at a post today because there were 3 pictures that were taking forever to load with my dial-up connection. When (if) the pictures finish loading, the pictures are scaled down to 26% of their original size. Besides for fish ID pictures, how often do people click to (re)enlarge a picture and pan around to see the pieces (even if they have a broadband connection)?

#2 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:01 AM

I often use photobucket because of the easy thumbnails. At least then you can decide if you want to load the full size version.

Here's my Redears on spawning beds.
Posted Image

Photobucket also reduces the size of the enlarged images automatically.

#3 Guest_mander_*

Guest_mander_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

I think we were at the same post! Me, too, I gave up!

I neither take nor post photos, so it's not like I'd need the info. but how does one shrink photos? Are there generic instructions that fit the majority of photoshops? Or does one have to get out the manual and actually read something? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

Threads with multiple large photos drive me to distraction, even with broadband. I am trying to read the last post (or two), and the text keeps jumping down off the screen as the photos load. I've tried to disable the photos, but they still load.

#5 Guest_fish for brains_*

Guest_fish for brains_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

One of my small Redears on a bed.

#6 Guest_scottefontay_*

Guest_scottefontay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

sorry, posted them to photobucket, check it out

http://s532.photobuc...6/scottefontay/

Edited by scottefontay, 25 July 2008 - 10:42 AM.

#7 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

I think we were at the same post! Me, too, I gave up!

I neither take nor post photos, so it's not like I'd need the info. but how does one shrink photos? Are there generic instructions that fit the majority of photoshops? Or does one have to get out the manual and actually read something? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Open the photo in an editing program. Under the 'File' menu, there might be a 'Save for Web' option. If there isn't, look under 'Save As'.

#8 Guest_mdwalt1_*

Guest_mdwalt1_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

I've found ImageShack to be a great tool for uploading and resizing images for many purposes.
It's a free website that you can use immediately. Check it out here: ImageShack
Posted Image

#9 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

I changed some settings around and the forum should "thumbnail" any image larger than 800 wide or 600 tall.

#10 Guest_PhilipKukulski_*

Guest_PhilipKukulski_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 01:55 PM

See

http://forum.nanfa.o...h...ost&p=41897

for how to use pictures from the NANFA Photo Gallery in a post.

#11 Guest_aggieshark04_*

Guest_aggieshark04_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Okay guys I think it was my pictures from the convention y'all we talking about. I just posted a new topic with smaller pictures and should be easier to view. Sorry about that guys. I am so use to have a fast internet connection I forget that is not always the case. But I hope y'all enjoy the pics.

Wayne

#12 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:45 PM

I believe someone else inspired Phil's original post. But I think the latest change I made should resolve this issue.

#13 Guest_Pirateperch_*

Guest_Pirateperch_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

I am also in need of resizing photographs for posting. How does the present technology work?

#14 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Open the photo in an editing program. Under the 'File' menu, there might be a 'Save for Web' option. If there isn't, look under 'Save As'.

If you don't see it, Google your photo software +"resize pictures" There will be detailed instructions for your specific software somewhere, probably several places.

Edited by schambers, 21 March 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#15 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

One simple piece of software that most people (Windows OS) have is Paint. There's an image resize option in it. If you change and save your photo as about 600 x 800 pixels it will be a very good size for posting on the Forum.

#16 Guest_Pirateperch_*

Guest_Pirateperch_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Thanks Fundulus and Schambers. I can now post images successfully owing to your help!

#17 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

You're welcome! When using Google (or any search engine,) I start out being as specific as possible about what I'm looking for. You can always back off and broaden your search.

Edited by schambers, 21 March 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#18 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

www.pixlr.com is a good option to do basic editing if you don't have anything on your computer to do it. Lets you do basic editing straight in your browser.

For posting images offsite, www.imgur.com is like photobucket, but no sign-up required and much quicker to use.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users