Hello From Canada

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SloughShark_*

Guest_SloughShark_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:15 PM

Hello,

I am Taylor from Alberta, Canada. I have been a fisherman for about 2 years and a serious fish-keeper for 3. I instantly became obsessed with fish and now my bedroom is full of aquariums! I am one of few fish enthusiasts here in Alberta who continue to catch "minnows" with a butterfly net past the age of 8 or so :tongue:

I have just started to take photographs of wild fish with the conpletion of my "photo tank" which I take with me into the field. I thought this was a good alternative to an underwater camera especially since our lakes in Alberta are mostly swampy murky sloughs.

My favorite native fish are probably Pike or Lake Whitefish. But if I could choose a group outside of my province it would be darters for sure!

Glad to be here,
Taylor

#2 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

Taylor,

Very happy to have you here.
I don't think I'll ever be too old to chase minnows in a stream but my back might disagree :tongue:
Lots of members here also take photos so I'm sure you'll fit right in. Let us know if need anything and we're glad you joined the forum.

#3 Guest_SloughShark_*

Guest_SloughShark_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome teleost,

I don't think I'll ever be too old to chase minnows in a stream but my back might disagree :tongue:

I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing one day :mrgreen:
Taylor

#4 Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*

Guest_BullHeadsrdfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

Welcome to the Forum! What kind of natives are you currently keeping?

#5 Guest_valerie48_*

Guest_valerie48_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

hello Taylor,
I am another newbie here - looking forward to meeting you again around the forums.

#6 Guest_SloughShark_*

Guest_SloughShark_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

Thanks very much for the welcome Dan.
It is against the law to keep native fishes in my province, so I compensate with my photo tank that I can bring with me.

Hello Valerie, are you from Canada?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users