Central Missouri Laws & Collecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

I'm spending a couple of days on business in Columbia MO and I'd like to check out a couple creeks. I found only one protected darter, and it's not in this area. Does anyone have anymore in depth info on collecting etc... in Missouri.

Also, does any one have any knowledge on what types of darters I could possibly find here? And, has anyone ever collected in any creeks in Columbia with success????

#2 Guest_centrarchid_*

Guest_centrarchid_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

I'm spending a couple of days on business in Columbia MO and I'd like to check out a couple creeks. I found only one protected darter, and it's not in this area. Does anyone have anymore in depth info on collecting etc... in Missouri.

Also, does any one have any knowledge on what types of darters I could possibly find here? And, has anyone ever collected in any creeks in Columbia with success????

I am of Jefferson City approx. 30 min. south of Columbia. I am not familiar with species present there as I have sampled the streams in question. Legal restrictions will be similar. Yoiu will not be able to take any of the wild caught fish out of the state of Missouri. You can look and hold in Missouri with proper fishing license but can not remove from state. Trying to stop MO as a source of invasives for other states.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users