New to NANFA

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Conner_*

Guest_Conner_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

Hello everyone. I'm not new to aquarium keeping, as I have had as many as 4 aquariums running at once. Currently I have a 125g South American Biotope tank and a 20L with a betta. I am just getting interested in native fish keeping, and thought I'd join the NANFA forum before plunging into it. Any advice and suggestions would really be helpful. I have a 30g tank just sitting around waiting to be filled!

Thanks! Conner

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

Welcome to NANFA and the forum, and thanks for posting your location; that makes offering advice much easier. Kentucky is one of the better states for collecting and keeping native fishes. In your open tank you could try a few small sunfish, or go with a school of shiners of some sort; there are many options.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hello everyone. I'm not new to aquarium keeping, as I have had as many as 4 aquariums running at once. Currently I have a 125g South American Biotope tank and a 20L with a betta. I am just getting interested in native fish keeping, and thought I'd join the NANFA forum before plunging into it. Any advice and suggestions would really be helpful. I have a 30g tank just sitting around waiting to be filled!

Thanks! Conner

Take that 30 and put two powerheads at the same end, pointing to the oppoite end... this will give you a strong directional current... then you can add a few darters and a small school shiners... perfect stream!

MW
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Welcome, Conner! Glad you've joined us!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users