Okay. Hornwort was out of control, and causing my once beautiful ludwigia to drop most of the leaves. The bottom needed a good vaccuum where leaves and dead algae had piled up. So I ended up re-arranging the now-waterlogged wood, replanting and creating nice space and light. Also, I ended up throwing out about 4 pounds of hornwort. I wanted to add more sand on some smaller gravel that I had left over from another tank. So the fish and plants went into the tub and I got to work!
Tank completely set up.
The water was a bit cloudy for 30 minutes or so, but cleared.
Soon after adding the fish the redbreast colored up and I have to show you how he changed. You can see here in this old picture that he was very red and the light was very dim from the overgrowing hornwort.
After adding the redbreast, he lost some red, but his blues began to show brilliantly. I think it was the extra light ad a bit darker substrate. He looks great (No photoshopping btw).
Okay, all mosquitofish have been eliminated by the sunfish... no sign of them. And here is a pic of the juvi bluegill. He is pitch black and is very hard to see.. so this picture I did photoshop so you can see him.
Sorry for being so photoheavy... I hope yall enjoy.
Edited by UncleWillie, 11 November 2008 - 02:25 PM.