Brine Shrimp

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_critterguy_*

Guest_critterguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hatching BBS...easy.

Raising BS...not so easy, but definetly doable.

What I've done is taken my wastewater from hatching BBS after feeding them off and pouring that into a 5 gallon bucket outside. Any leftover BBs...there will always be a few, will grow. They don't really need to be fed but I did add stuff like soup from boiling sphaghetti/dumplings and similar(don't overfeed! That sounds like what you did). A 5 gallon bucket can produce about 100 BS in a few weeks.

#22 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hatching BBS...easy.

Raising BS...not so easy, but definetly doable.

What I've done is taken my wastewater from hatching BBS after feeding them off and pouring that into a 5 gallon bucket outside. Any leftover BBs...there will always be a few, will grow. They don't really need to be fed but I did add stuff like soup from boiling sphaghetti/dumplings and similar(don't overfeed! That sounds like what you did). A 5 gallon bucket can produce about 100 BS in a few weeks.

Hi critterguy
well today when i got home my second batch of eggs were allso dead i think
just a pink mass in bottom of tank.
this morning all was well maybe its the temp. it has got colder in the last week
my tank is @ 69-74 during the day/night should i use Heat on the little BBS?

MAN i hope my Daphnia are not going to be this hard to grow.
also my starter eggs were from a packet named
SALLY'S HATCH MIX
from San Francisco Bay Brand.
i have 1 21gram packet left.
I ORDERED A 1 # pound can thats a 85 hatch maybe these are better eggs

#23 Guest_critterguy_*

Guest_critterguy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

it sounds like either bad water quality or you are trying to grow way too many brine shrimp.

#24 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

it sounds like either bad water quality or you are trying to grow way too many brine shrimp.

Next batch of bbs will be in a 2 gal tank with a dark side to hatch and lighted side to move to after there ready on there own

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users