One of my High-Color Rainbow Darters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:50 AM

All,

Just took this photo of one of my High-Color Rainbow Darters (Etheostoma caeruleum) and thought I would post it. The fish is about 3 inches in length. It's a small brine shrimp net that he is resting in.

Attached File  PB100049_HCRBDR_net_800x600.jpg   71.07KB   3 downloads

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

Nice looking fish

I've found it interesting to observe the natural variation in species from location to location. Most rainbows in Central KY are decent looking. However, the ones I've collected from Eastern KY have so much more color. I've collected some that were really really dark, almost black with the orange bars, and just last week I collected one that was the tan color like you have but the 'orange' bars were so bright that they looked red. That was the best looking Rainbow I'd ever seen.

Anyways, really nice Rainbow....what else ya got? (I'm a sucker for pics)

#3 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:52 AM

Josh,

I'll try to post some more pics here in a couple of days. This is a really busy week for me, but I've got that photography bug and I think I might take some pics of my other High-Color Rainbow Darters and some Tadpole Madtoms (Noturus gyrinus). Maybe I'll post some pics of my Fantail Darters (Etheostoma fabellarae), too. We'll have to see!

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users