filtration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jimv8673_*

Guest_jimv8673_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

What would be considered as the best filtration for a 30 gal long tank, this tank will be lightly stocked, no live plants, im only interested in water quality results, also how many GPA should this filter produce, bio-wheel or not ?? the fish would be sunfish, so strong current would not be a consideration.

#2 Guest_Moontanman_*

Guest_Moontanman_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

What would be considered as the best filtration for a 30 gal long tank, this tank will be lightly stocked, no live plants, im only interested in water quality results, also how many GPA should this filter produce, bio-wheel or not ?? the fish would be sunfish, so strong current would not be a consideration.

I have several 30 gallon tanks with corner over flows. They were used as marine reef tanks originally but the whole idea of surface water return and trickle filtration works quite well. Barring this I am also fond of sponge filters, sponge filters are good at bio-filtration and a small external filter can be used as a particle filter. For me bio-filtration is always more important than particle filtration.

#3 Guest_Clayton_*

Guest_Clayton_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

I have to agree with the overflow filtration being about the best. Short of that I prefer canisters. If you're on a tight budget I like the aquaclear line of power filters as well. They're cheap and can hold a pretty decent amount of media.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users