My Pumpkinseed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BenjaminS_*

Guest_BenjaminS_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Here is video link of a pumpkinseed I caught in summer 2007 as a baby and who is now a nice adult! Not sure but I think it's a male.

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

D

#2 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Nice setup and cool fish! Warm up the tank a little bit and see if the pumpkinseed gets plump with roe or starts nest building, or you could do vent sexing. Does it share that 75 gallon with anything else? Congrats on its success. I like that sunfish behavior, when they beg for food, they seem all ready for it but then they charge off and come back, all the while looking at you like "Please? Now! Please, more food Mr.Owner Guy! No food? What the @#$* !"

#3 Guest_BenjaminS_*

Guest_BenjaminS_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

For now it's all alone in the 75 gallon but I am getting some greens in and will wait and see if they are big enough to be housed with him. Their feeding behaviour is exactly what you described in the beginning. Now he hangs around all the time instead of darting off and even looked in my hand when I was fidiling with the plants. Sunfish are such amazing fish, I find them far more curious than any cichlid I have kept.
I can't seem to get the vent sexing, even after reading that post. They all look the same to me!
D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users