Texas Fishes

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_asilvas10_*

Guest_asilvas10_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Well I am glad to have found this forum. My favorite topic anywhere, anytime is fish. So I am a biology student at the local university and have an interest in zoology, marine zoology, ichthyology, ecology, and fish conservation. I like the fact that there are so many different species of fishes around the world. This forum will allow me to tell my stories as well as read yours. Looking forward to it.

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to the forum. We're all about stories, especially ones that are true!

#3 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

I like the fact that there are so many different species of fishes around the world.

I like it too. Like, if there were only one or two species - that would be no fun. Now, entomology - there's a hobby!

#4 Guest_rjmtx_*

Guest_rjmtx_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:55 AM

Where are you going to school? I'm over at Texas State. Any chance you'll be at the Texas Chapter AFS meeting in Fort Worth next weekend?

#5 Guest_benmor78_*

Guest_benmor78_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

Where are you going to school? I'm over at Texas State. Any chance you'll be at the Texas Chapter AFS meeting in Fort Worth next weekend?

Is it a members only type thing?

#6 Guest_rjmtx_*

Guest_rjmtx_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Anyone can go. I think it's cheaper if you're a member, though. Here's a link to the meeting site http://www.sdafs.org.../09meethome.htm. I'm skipping the Golden Alga talks because they will all go something lilke this, "This is golden alga... it kills fish... here's why we think it is around..." I'm going because I want to hear some fish presentations and four of my labmates are also presenting there. It'll mostly be universities and state agencies reporting their latest findings. Check the schedule and then the registration fees to see if it's worth it for you to attend.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users