Mixing and Matching.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Since I have not kept any of the following species I am about to mention I am wondering if I could house the following species together. The aquarium will be a 29-gallon and heavily planted. If you think it will be to heavily stocked, let me know, I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks ahead of time.

Quantity (2 each)

Cyprinodon variegatus
Enneacanthus cheatodon
Enneacanthus gloriosus
Enneacanthus obesus
Jordanella flordia
Poecilia latipinna

Thanks,

Blake

#2 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

Since I have not kept any of the following species I am about to mention I am wondering if I could house the following species together. The aquarium will be a 29-gallon and heavily planted. If you think it will be to heavily stocked, let me know, I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks ahead of time.

Quantity (2 each)

Cyprinodon variegatus
Enneacanthus cheatodon
Enneacanthus gloriosus
Enneacanthus obesus
Jordanella flordia
Poecilia latipinna

Thanks,

Blake

The sheepshead minnows will not be welcome members of the community. Much too active and nippy for the others especially the black bandeds. I think the others will be okay.

#3 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

I've had Jordanella floridae that were pretty nippy. You may have problems when feeding as the E. chaetodon are pretty passive.

#4 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I've had Jordanella floridae that were pretty nippy. You may have problems when feeding as the E. chaetodon are pretty passive.

I've had the same experience. I think with a heavily planted tank and live foods the Black bandeds may be okay especially if only a couple Flagfish. I'd also start out if possible with larger Black bandeds then all the others. The bandeds and bluespots will catch up in size pretty quickly but might give the black bandeds time to get some confidence. I've actually kept Flagfish and the 3 sunfish species together in a semi well planted 55 gallon with lots of drift wood now that I think about it. They did okay but I had too many Bluespots and bandeds I think. The flagfish were not to bad but didn't take any sass from any of the sunfish either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users