10-gallon re-scape

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

All,

Just thought I would post some pics of one of my 10-gallon tanks that I re-scaped recently. Before the re-scape, it had a giant Amazon Sword (Echinodorus sp.) and a crumbly mess of Riccia fluitans on top. Again, I forgot to take pictures before the re-scape. Anyways, here's how it looks now.

Attached File  P2200003_10_gallon_800x600.jpg   82.06KB   2 downloads
On the right of the tank and in the middle you can see smaller Amazon Sword plants. In the left front is a Cryptocorene. On the left, behind the rock, is a Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides). All fish in the tank are U.S. native, unless listed as otherwise. Fish in the tank include Rosy Barbs (Puntius conchonius - not U.S. native), Red Shiners (Cyprinella lutrensis), a female Blackstripe Topminnow (Fundulus notatus), a Johnny Darter (Etheostoma nigrum), an Iowa Darter (Etheostoma exile), 3 Blackside Darters (Percina maculata), and a "San Marcos" Cory catfish (not U.S. native).

Attached File  P2200004_JYDR_800x600.jpg   91.08KB   3 downloads
Johnny Darter under the Amazon Sword. Rosy Barbs and Red Shiners swimming around. San Marcos cory and Iowa Darter in the back.

Attached File  P2200009_tank_left_side_800x600.jpg   103.66KB   3 downloads
Left side of the tank. Noice the Johnny Darter under the Amazon Sword again.

Attached File  P2200010_tank_right_side_800x600.jpg   84.38KB   3 downloads
Right side of the tank. The female Blackstripe Topminnow is on top. The Rosy Barbs and Red Shiners are swimmin' around.

Attached File  P2200018_JYDR_800x600.jpg   76.53KB   1 downloads
Johnny Darter under the Amazon Sword with the camera flash on.

Attached File  P2200027_san_marcos_cory_800x600.jpg   92.19KB   1 downloads
San Marcos Cory perched in the brightest spot in the tank. Wish I could get my natives to pose like that!

Hope you've enjoyed!

Brian

#2 Guest_bart_*

Guest_bart_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

Beautiful Brian, all the more inspiring to get me on live plants. :smile2:

#3 Guest_Runan_*

Guest_Runan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

It looks nice, but isn't that a lot of fish for a 10 gallon tank? Rosy barbs get pretty big...

#4 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:17 AM

Runan,

The Rosy Barbs are mostly adult size. I've kept all of the fish in the tank for several months. I fertilize the plants heavily, and you may have noticed that I have a really over-sized filter for the tank. I also change 50% of the water weekly. Like I said, I've had all of the fish in there for a long time and haven't lost any in a very long time. And all of the inhabitants are in really good health. I will keep an eye on it, though.

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Email: bt@btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users