Appropriate topic titles

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

All,

Please make your topic titles descriptive (i.e. in relation to your subject or question). Titles that vent your frustration, shock, amazement, other emotions, or are generally nonsensical are problematic for members and moderators and will likely cost you valuable answers.

#2 Guest_Fish4Fun_*

Guest_Fish4Fun_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

All,

Please make your topic titles descriptive (i.e. in relation to your subject or question). Titles that vent your frustration, shock, amazement, other emotions, or are generally nonsensical are problematic for members and moderators and will likely cost you valuable answers.

I know this is directed at me :smile2: and rightfully so, as i always have trouble coming up with a title, but rest assured in the future, i will do my best, i know you guys have more to do than that. Also i have a problem deciding where to put a post to start with sometimes and it gets moved which you also shouldnt have to do, such as breeding sunfish, since there is no specific place for breeding, is it under general, or sunfish ??? so i just make my best guess, and even with a 50/50 chance at being right i still get it wrong. But rest assured its not just to aggrivate or make you do more work, But i promise to try to do better :smile2:

#3 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

It's directed at quite a few people actually so please don't take it personally. This is a forum issue not a single member issue.

#4 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

This is no biggie and it's bound to happen in any online community (vague topic titles). Just something that needs to be mentioned every now and then. Don't sweat it Fish4Life.

Since every forum is designed differently and this one in particular, it's no surprise topic location can be tough at times. This forum was set up to not have one single place for breeding (for instance) since it has a forum for every type of fish in "Fish Groups". It seemed illogical to have information for a specific animal located in many sections of the forum. This general idea was implemented throughout the forum and it has hopefully has reduced the overall size of this forum compared to a traditional forum arrangement. If you ever have questions, feel free to post in "questions, bugs, comment" or PM me.

#5 Guest_Fish4Fun_*

Guest_Fish4Fun_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

It's directed at quite a few people actually so please don't take it personally. This is a forum issue not a single member issue.

(and will likely cost you valuable answers.) That was the last sentence in your original post on this topic, and to me after re-reading it is maybe the most important part of the whole statement (lol :0) It was all important i know ) But anywho, I can really see now that to just title your post somthing like "Opinions" Is not a very good advertisement to get people in that are in a hurry. a lot of times i dont have an opinion, but if i titles it somthing more attractive like Naked women pics :tongue: I would surely get more traffic, and hopefully once they are there lookin for nekkid women anyway, would give me an opinion, and some invaluable knowledge. Thank you for this timely direction, hopefully will make me a better poster

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users