Central Tennessee March 15-17

27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

Here are two set up shots from the Tippecanoe. It was neat looking at these again. I had a whole lot of fun that day and I still have some streamline chub photos to edit!

And here's Blake in action in TN.
He didn't take any of me :cry: and I had my shirt on the whole time!

Attached Images

• Picture_020.jpg

Edited by natureman187, 21 March 2009 - 12:02 AM.

#22 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

Very good job guys. I'm impressed. Next time you two will have to get over to my portion of this wonderful state. Conasauga? A new river to see awaits. Hiwassee. Bring your snorkel gear and stay awhile. You can do the Conasauga bare skin in July and August but the best time is coming up soon!
:)

Casper

#23 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

Those last photos bring back some memories. When I was in college, I worked at the Milwaukee Public Museum as, among other things, a fish photographer. All of my subjects were preserved, though. Our photo tank was nearly identical to yours, and we even did the "black cardboard on the lens trick" to eliminate glare from shiny camera parts. Those were the days! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Brian

#24 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Haha, those are good, next time I will have to snap some of Lance to show his setup. I found out the darter is E. crossopterum, we were in a small tributary of the Harpeth.

#25 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Very good job guys. I'm impressed. Next time you two will have to get over to my portion of this wonderful state. Conasauga? A new river to see awaits. Hiwassee. Bring your snorkel gear and stay awhile. You can do the Conasauga bare skin in July and August but the best time is coming up soon!
:)

Casper

Casper, I am definitely in, just convince Lance and I will be there! :wink: It would be a hoot! We will be back in Tennessee early May, and possibly April.

Blake

#26 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

I found out the darter is E. crossopterum, we were in a small tributary of the Harpeth.

Awesome! I thought that fringed second dorsal was really neat!

Brian

Brian J. Torreano - Owner
BTDarters
American Native Fish for
your aquarium...and more!
Web: http://www.btdarters.com
Email: bt@btdarters.com
Phone: (262) 268-7489

#27 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Haha, those are good, next time I will have to snap some of Lance to show his setup. I found out the darter is E. crossopterum, we were in a small tributary of the Harpeth.

I did my homework. We were never in the Harpeth watershed but it was a fringed from location. The catonotus from where we got redbands were blacktails and from where we got the salamanders were dirty darters. Interesting stuff.

#28 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

I did my homework. We were never in the Harpeth watershed but it was a fringed from location. The catonotus from where we got redbands were blacktails and from where we got the salamanders were dirty darters. Interesting stuff.

Indeed, next time it will be a lot easier if we know the Catonotus before we enter the water, so many. I assume the Catonotus spawn a mid-late April, mabey early May? While the male dirty darter was as black as can be, the rest of the Catonotus were still getting ready.

Blake

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users