Got a New Beaver Pond

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dsaavedra_*

Guest_dsaavedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

i went down to the creek to set a trap, wearing my regular hiking boots which i wear down there when i don't plan on wading around in the water. well i got to the place where i just hop over a stream to continue on my way to the marsh, but i was stopped to the sight of an extremely flooded stream. i thought it was just flooded because of the rain we've had, so i went all the way back to my house to get waders.

i come back to the stream with waders and go in the water, and as soon as i clear the brier bush, i see that its not flooded at all, the beavers have been busy stopping the creek up! they made a nice little pond right there. i was standing waist deep in water in several places.

so i continued down to the marsh, set my trap, and then went back to play in the new pond. i walked all over it to find out what the bottom was like all over it, and then i was standing in a corner of it and the odd thought came into my head to make a panorama of it.

so i took 8 photos, spanning a little over 180°, and came home to download windows live photo gallery so i could make a panorama out of them.

after a few hours worth of distractions, i got the program, and i was suprised just how easy it was. i literally just had to select the pictures, and click "make a panoramic picture".

it turned out nice. when i go back to get my trap tomorrow, i'm going to take a bunch more panoramic photos, i'm going to try some 360° ones and see how they turn out.

here is the link to the panorama i uploaded on photobucket. photobucket resized it and it looks a LOT better fullsize, but its too big of a file to attach to this post.

http://i46.photobuck...rPondStitch.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users