MO folks - yet another reason to knock on doors...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sschluet_*

Guest_sschluet_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:54 AM

MO folks - yet another reason to knock on doors. MO legislators proposed a "Right to Protection Act" in February, which would allow property owners to shoot to kill anyone threatening them or their property. Apparently this was always the case inside one's home but this bill would extend that outdoors. All based on curbing cattle russlin'!

Here is the msn article-
Modern cattle rustlers update Wild West ways
Thousands of head of cattle were stolen last year in the big cattle states of the Midwest and the Southwest, evidence of a modern revival of that stock character from old black-and-white Westerns: the cattle rustler.
http://www.msnbc.msn...979871/from/ET/

#2 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

I sure hope there is a lot more to that bill than in the article you referenced, as to what exactly makes it ok to "Shoot to Kill", That says threatening...So if i tell a MO guy im gonna bonk him on the head if he dont leave me alone while im dippin these minnows, he can just whip out his pea-shooter and gun me down :shock: . EEEEKKKK !!! No dippin minnows in MO for me, or i gotta get a net with a .50 cal. attachment...LOL Or better yet as the title implies...Always ask before you dip (Best Policy)

Edited by Jim, 05 April 2009 - 11:00 AM.

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Only shoot-to-kill? Impromptu hanging is much more elegant.

#4 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:35 PM

More reason to stay away from pasture ground wherever you are.

#5 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

Just get under the water, bullets loose alot of velocity once they hit water. :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

That may be difficult if the creek's less than a few feet deep! Especially for a "fluffy" guy like me :rolleyes: !

Brian

#7 Guest_netmaker_*

Guest_netmaker_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Its going to get a lot worse. The slow down has put a lot of folks out of work. Likened to the days of Great Depression, more transients are roaming about in rural areas looking for shelter, food and yes, work. However, some are looking for other things as my daughter and a friend almost discovered the hard way a few weeks ago.

These are hard times and it will bring out this sort of reaction . I would most definitely knock on a door first before roaming onto a pasture or field. Folks are jumpy....and not just in the Big Mo state either.

A .22LR from 200yds. out will still hurt and if the homeowner tucks the rifle away in the loft ...who's to say who shot whom?

As for cattle rustling, that will never stop. Mr. Rustler knows that Mr. Landowner will think once, twice and even thrice before pulling a trigger because Mr. Landowner might just get the wrong jury member.......

I know you guys are super careful on most folks property but if the landowner has JUST had a scary incident and then you show up a few days later while he or she is still hyped up....??????????

......and remember, like down here.......some places do not require any fences. The legal surveyed boundary of a crawfish pond for instance is the fence in most parishes in Louisiana....no wire or markings needed.

sa va,

nm

#8 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

More reason to stay away from pasture ground wherever you are.

Well, since that's THE STREAM in many cases, I don't know there's many places left to get to.

Todd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users