anyone ever had a python fail?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

I am on my 3rd python since september, these are actual Python brand.?

anyone know where i can get a metal one?

carpet cleaning bill was quite high for this last one

#2 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:22 PM

I haven't had any problems with mine. (knock on wood)

What is failing? Is there a part that is breaking?

#3 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

I have had the same one for over two years with no problems.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:20 PM

I haven't had any problems with mine. (knock on wood)

What is failing? Is there a part that is breaking?

I'm curious too, Harry. These are fairly simple and troublefree devices - what is the source of the failure?

#5 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

The only issue I have ever encountered is in the "siphon" device and the flimsy rather soft plastic they use in the threaded connection between the device and the faucet. I've had a few of these wear out or crack on me.

#6 Guest_fishes2catch_*

Guest_fishes2catch_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:59 PM

The only issue I have ever encountered is in the "siphon" device and the flimsy rather soft plastic they use in the threaded connection between the device and the faucet. I've had a few of these wear out or crack on me.

We use a python everyday in our fish room. I have to replace the plastic parts often as the wear out and crack. At home I had the tube itself burst (too much pressure). I still think that they are the best product out there for this type of application.

#7 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

bingo

I had been leaving my hose connected to it

the plastic broke where the python connects to the faucet

#8 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:17 PM

You can order parts from Python directly so you don't have to replace the whole thing. I was given a python as part of a package deal and it is missing parts. I will probably end up buying the parts.

#9 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:22 PM

My local "petsmart" has parts for them on the shelf. Might save a few bucks on shipping.

#10 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:27 PM

My local "petsmart" has parts for them on the shelf. Might save a few bucks on shipping.

Mine doesn't! Actually, I check my LFS and they don't. maybe I will swing by petsmart tonight.

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

Mine doesn't! Actually, I check my LFS and they don't. maybe I will swing by petsmart tonight.

Save yourself some money and go to Wal-Mart. It's a waterbed filler.

#12 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:26 PM

Save yourself some money and go to Wal-Mart. It's a waterbed filler.

Ha! I have one of those too! (for the tanks, not a waterbed).

But I got too lazy for even that (plus, it feels like I'm wasting a lot of water). So, IF I do a water change (which is rare except in the turtle tank) I use a garden hose to siphon water right out the window, then hook it back up and refill. Voila, water change, lickety split! I add dechlor every few seconds if I use this method.

#13 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

OK I will let my ignorance stick out of both ears. What is a python besides a big snake?

#14 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:19 PM

OK I will let my ignorance stick out of both ears. What is a python besides a big snake?

http://www.pythonproducts.com/

#15 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:47 AM

You mean I did not have to carry those five gallon buckets of water all these years. Thanks Irate Mormon for that link I will have to add it to my favorites, Man that looks just too easy. #-o

#16 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

You mean I did not have to carry those five gallon buckets of water all these years. Thanks Irate Mormon for that link I will have to add it to my favorites, Man that looks just too easy. #-o

I did the bucket thing for a lot of years, too. Helps build nice square shoulders.

I did the bucket thing for a lot of years, too. Helps build nice square shoulders.

I still get a kick out of Python's cartoon - yup, TOO familiar!

#17 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:16 AM

I still get a kick out of Python's cartoon - yup, TOO familiar!

I do not mind hard work in general but now that I have had three surgeries on my old backside I see a python in my future or a waterbed filler LOL. Went south of Chattonooga yesterday (Sunday) to do a little searching and did not think I would make it home. The old back just aint what it used to be. Did not bring enough of those football shaped pills the Doc gives me. But If I take too many of them I tend to fall in the water a lot "smile"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users