tank temperature

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

My aquarium is upstairs in my room (the only place I have for it). It's noticablly much hotter up their. I have a big fan I used to cool my room which kept my tank hovering in the mid seventies. A day or two ago my fan broke. My tank is up to 82 degrees now. Is this too hot for my fathead or my tesselated darter? What is a good temperature for them?

Also an unrelated question, what do you do with plants that are half dead (upper leaves and stocks brown and dead but the lower ones green) do you throw them out like dead plants or keep them like live ones?

#2 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:12 AM

FirstChAoS,

82*F is probably too hot for your darter. If you can't cool the water down, increase the water movement in the tank. Adding extra airstones is probably a good idea. You want to keep your fish as oxygenated as possible.

Brian

#3 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Also an unrelated question, what do you do with plants that are half dead (upper leaves and stocks brown and dead but the lower ones green) do you throw them out like dead plants or keep them like live ones?

Pinch off the dead bits and if the plants still look good, or they might grow and look better, then leave them. Otherwise, get rid of them. It's your call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users