New from CNY

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JEA_*

Guest_JEA_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

I posted this in the first pinned thread but I figured It would get more exposure if I posted my own thread here that I can add pictures too later. Thanks!

Hello All

My name is Justin Alessi and I am 25 years old from Upsate NY. I have lived and grew up on Oneida Lake near Sylvan Beach, NY. I have been an avid fisherman my whole life. I have been in 4H and learned how to flycast and tie flies at a very young age. I have even entered fly tieing competitions. I love fish and fishing. When I was younger I was apart of the NYS re-introduction of the Atlantic Salmon into NYS waters. I have a great appreciation for fish and have recently aquired a 150GAL fishtank and have stocked it with native fish from my area. Currently I have Two brown bullhead, two blugill sunfish, one pumplinseed sunfish, two cutlip minnows, one largemouth bass, one fathead shiner, one common shiner, one spotfin shiner, and one yellow perch. All very healthy and doing very well. I have just recently added substrate to the bottom of the tank just before I had to leave for vacation while my brother takes care of the tank so I have not seen the end result yet but am very excited. It looked very very nice when I left. I got some native stone and small pebbles from near by. I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and thanks for having me. I will be able to get pictures of my tank up soon. If anyone is in the CNY area and would like to go fishing, watch fish, collect fish, trade fish etc please let me know. I have other small tanks in my home that I will begin to start trying to breed some of these NYS natives. Thanks everyone and talk with you some more soon!

-Justin Alessi
Clinton, NY

Oh and I wanted to note I signed up to be a member of NANFA today. I'm sure I will be recieving my welcome e-mail soon.

#2 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

Justin,

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you find your stay both enjoyable and informative! I'm looking forward to seeing those pics of your tank! Welcome!

Brian

#3 Guest_NYnativekeeper716_*

Guest_NYnativekeeper716_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Welcome, I also recently joined and live in the Western NY area. Im sure we could meet up at some point to do some collecting.

#4 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

welcome to the site!

#5 Guest_JEA_*

Guest_JEA_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

Thanks a lot everyone it's good to be here and support our native fish.

Welcome, I also recently joined and live in the Western NY area. Im sure we could meet up at some point to do some collecting.

Sure thing!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users