Questions on searching the forum

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_alejandro_*

Guest_alejandro_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:52 PM

Is there a setting where I can get the search results to only list threads instead of the individual posts containing the keywords? Checking "show results as topic titles only" doesn't seem to do it (it does something, but I'm not sure what). Also, the box for "search titles only" doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

-Alejandro

#2 Guest_UncleWillie_*

Guest_UncleWillie_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:30 PM

For some reason, when using the Search function, I am getting 'no results' for everything I search. This has not always been the case, but for the last few days (using different computers and different browsers), this has not been working. I even tried very general searches like 'sunfish', 'fish', 'chub', etc. Just wondering if it is me.. Thanks!

#3 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

This seems to be a result of the recent forum software update. I will see if I can troubleshoot it. Until then, use Google: enter your search terms plus "site:forum.nanfa.org". This will restrict search results to this forum.

#4 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Is there a setting where I can get the search results to only list threads instead of the individual posts containing the keywords? Checking "show results as topic titles only" doesn't seem to do it (it does something, but I'm not sure what). Also, the box for "search titles only" doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

I realize this parent post is old, but I've noticed this same thing recently (maybe always?). I can't say I've tried too hard (I usually just head to Google), but doesn't seem possible to get search to only list each thread once in results rather than all replies that match.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users