Tennessee Blueways Summit

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hello Regional NANFA Members.
We have a neat opportunity to share our love for Native Fishes with Community Activists.
( I was invited because of my work with the South Chickamauga Creek Greenway Alliance here in Chattanooga ).
I sent the organizer, Michael Cain, an email offering to do a "Fish Show & Tell" during the gathering as they have a spring fed pool and creek on the Historic Farm where we will be staying.

He replied with an enthusiastic "Yes!"

It would be nice to have a couple of you along. I will take care of the registration and there is no cost to us.
They are providing our lodging, lunches, and a Saturday night bonfire and cookout. Also we can do a no cost canoe trip with the group on Sunday on the Duck River which will provide for another seining demonstration.
It should be a neat time to share the wonder and hopefully promote our native fish to those that can relay the message skillfully.

Volunteers?

Here is the announcement sans the formating. Be sure and check out this website for pictures, directions and details.

www.tennesseewatersheds.org

September 18th, 2009
2009 Tennessee Blueways Summit

This year’s summit promises to be a great event, but we need your involvement.
The summit is being hosted by the Duck River Watershed Association this year at a fabulous farm, Storybook Farm, between Shelbyville and Tullahoma. For details and accommodation information go to: www.tennesseewatersheds.org

The Blueways Summit will begin at 11:00 am and lunch will be provided. The format this year will be that we will spend about three hours hearing from all the groups in attendance. Please bring maps, brochures, pictures and any other "Show and Tell" items you can. We will then spend the remaining time in a roundtable discussion sharing information and answering each others questions. Following the meeting, we will float a portion of the Duck River on canoes and kayaks provided by the Duck River watershed Association and partner organizations.
Please make plans to stay over for the Tennessee watershed Summit all Saturday and Sunday morning.

There is no cost for the Blueways Summit; however, I do need you to RSVP so I can make sure to have enough lunch available. The Watershed Summit’s cost will be extremely minimal, but it would also be very helpful to know in advance how many will be attending so we can plan appropriately.
I hope to see you all there.

Michael Cain
Watershed Assessment and Restoration Manager
Harpeth River Watershed Association
michaelcain@harpethriver.org
(615) 790-9767 ex 102
(615) 476-6579 cell
www.harpethriver.org

Working Together to Protect theHarpeth River and Provide Expertise on Statewide Conservation Policy

#2 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

No fellow volunteers?

The director contacted me today and wants to set this up with an established time for the "Fishy Show and Tell".

But i need help! I cant do this on my own.

Its coming up soon and i need to tell them something soon.

September 18, about 4 weekends from now.

This would make for a great NANFA field outing and the bonus is it will yield as a public outreach.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users