Last summer trip under a full moon phase.

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

Trip report
temp mid 60’s @ 10:am ish. Water is colder off of this trib, new area found.
today we moved east and up stream more so then usual we found shiners young of the year plus some very large striped shiners in the 6” plus range the like common fish around here, creek chubs 6" and up a few green sun fish .all crayfish were rusty for some reason, this trib as well has been over run with just this one type, further east we found more isopods, but no scuds over 3/4" for or winter culture tanks as fish food .as the trib got smaller it lost all if not most of its water flow in the riffle to pool sense.
water levels were 1” or less for 30 yards then a pool with life in the larger pools we found northern studfish trapped from main stream flowed with grass pickeral and tons of small ½” crawfish to 1” crawfish. and unusual amount of mottled sculpins in the ¾” to 3.125 range, very tan and banded heavily hiding under 6” mat of leaf matter,with young of the year rusty crawfish and isopods. We were unable To find our main goal SRBD in our area. Although I am glad to see such a large population of grass pickeral ranging for 1” to 5.75” in large numbers in this one small trib my man said they were few and far between in this area I just can say as I'm new to most of this (SMALL FISH STUFF)i wouls rather go get a shovelhead around 50# and call it a day. All in all it was a good trip, I didn’t fall down this trip…Which is a common thing!! I love to fish but deer season is almost here and I am a hunter and can’t wait to take a big buck!!!

Wife of Catfish Tony…Dee

Attached Images

• dees cat 39#.JPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users