In Covington, Ky

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Apophis_*

Guest_Apophis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi everybody,

I've been keeping planted tanks for about 5 years now, but never really put too much emphasis on the fish part. I started out with a few White Clouds, but when I moved back up here from Louisville I returned them to my LFS. When setting my tank back up, I just scooped up some Gambusia from my Dad's pond and let them have the run of the place (rather idiot proof aren't they?) Anyway, I recently got interested in finding out what other native fishes would be suitable for the aquarium and was blown away when I found this site! I've been in Kentucky pretty much my whole life and I had no idea what diversity was held in our waterways. Some of those Darters are unreal. So, big thanks to everyone out there for putting up all of the wonderful posts and pictures, it's really been an invaluable find for me.

-Nate

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

We're glad you found us, welcome to the Forum.

#3 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

Welcome aboard Nate, im an old Ky boy myself, now dislodged to indiana Grrrrr anyway, you could not have possibly found a better place to learn everything there is to know about Native fish, Or a better or more friendly bunch to learn it from, with the exception of maybe Uland LOL !!!! Just Kidding Uland is one of the best :)

Edited by Jim, 23 September 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#4 Guest_Apophis_*

Guest_Apophis_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll be around...

#5 Guest_Apophis_*

Guest_Apophis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:37 AM

Here are some pics of my main tank. These are a few months old, just after cutting everything way back and dividing my Anubias. The Corkscrew Vals and Ludwigia are constantly taking over and I had to move most of the Anubias to my "nursery" tank in the basement for a future round of splitting and re-potting. You can see some Mosquito fish and Rosy-Reds in the pictures. The Rosies have all passed away (natural causes) and the Skeeters then went through a population explosion. Unfortunately, my new Orange-spots are still a bit too small to pick off the little ones.

Attached Images

• 100_0642 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_0643 (Medium).JPG
  • 100_0646 (Medium).JPG

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users