Hello from Tuscaloosa

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AtomFullerene_*

Guest_AtomFullerene_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hello folks

I'm a first year PhD student at the university of Alabama. I'm studying behavior in fishes, and my adviser and I have gotten interested in one of the local native fishes, the beautiful bluenose shiner, Pteronotropis welaka. I'm also a lifelong aquarist, so in addition to reading scientific articles on the fish I started looking around on the internet to see what aquarists had discovered about it. I kept winding up on this site (there is rather more on the species' breeding behavior here than there is published in journals), so I thought I'd join and see what else I could find out. I mean, the fish is right up there on the title bar. I'm hoping to study the breeding behavior of the species, both in regards to its impressive display and its habits as a nest associate. I figure some people around here might be interested in what I can discover about the fish's reproductive habits as well. Our lab also has several hundred Rivulus marmoratus, the self-fertilizing mangrove killifish. So I could probably also answer some questions about the care of that species.

--Adam Fuller

#2 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

Welcome Adam, we're glad you found the forum.

#3 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:41 PM

Welcome!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users