Oldie but a goody

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

OK, I'm 42 now and this story goes back to my late teen years. I grew up next to a tidal brackish creek. All we usually caught in there were killies. My buddy got a stickle back, once. He put in his salt water tank and his lobster ate it. I also remeber at low tide once, there were so many carp(?) that you could pick them up. This creel did conect to freshwater streams.
Now hears the mystery fish I kept for a while. I caught it in a freshwater still mainly killie infested stream. It was about 3" long, coler and shape much like a swamp darter, had globe like eyes, but always stayed at the surface. It was a cool fish and would eat a pinch of flakes from my fingers. I think the tail was round, not forked. While I was on vaction, the person tank sitting told me it jumped out.

#2 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

sleeper goby?

here is a picture of a fat sleeper
Posted Image

not sure of there range

#3 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

It looked a lot like that, but the body was more slender. I had him in a 20 gal long comunity tank. He just hang at the top right side of the tank. I was almost thinking a mudminnow, but again with a slender body. Could have been a juvi.
Thanks

Edited by njJohn, 29 September 2009 - 07:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users