Finally got around to joining

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kurisuchan_*

Guest_Kurisuchan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

About a year and a half ago I was searching for information on a yellow bullhead I almost bought from a local pet store. I stumbled upon this lovely site and have been lurking around this forum ever since. As it's one of the few sites I can access from work it has become my sole source of entertainment during my downtime. Being quite the amateur, I was always afraid to sign up and post. A week or so I finally broke down and decided to register a screen name. I mailed my NANFA papers on my way to work this morning, and figured it was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Chris and I work part time and go to school (though hopefully it will be a full time student sometime soon). My whole life I have had a fascination with all sorts of native aquatic wildlife. I live in the Chicago area where waterways are polluted and legislation is strict (thanks VHS). I still however am an avid fisherman, and often times set down my pole to pick up my dip net and hit the shallows.

While I have learned so much in my short time perusing these forums, there is a still mountain of information in these pages I have yet see. Thank you all for being so open with your knowledge and your hobby, and I look forward to conversing more with many of you.

Edited by Kurisuchan, 30 September 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Chris for joining us. I hope we can continue collectively to live up to your expectations.

#3 Guest_lozgod_*

Guest_lozgod_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Welcome!

#4 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

Welcome!

I am debating joining too, just been too lazy to. That and this week I am low on money due to bills.

#5 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

Chris,

Thanks for joining =D>
I'm in the South Suburbs of Chicago and if you don't mind a bit of a drive, you should come on out with us soon. I generally stay away from the waters affected by Chicago and we see some pretty neat stuff locally. I'm in Florida for the NANFA convention this weekend but Mark and I will almost certainly be in the water the following weekend.

I'll send you a PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users