Resources for learning about native aquatics?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys. I'm getting more and more interested in collecting and keeping native plants as much as I am fish. However, I have no clue what resources are available, especially to aquatic plants. Can some of you more experienced folks point me in a direction? Thanks!

#2 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

Where are you located? Knowing that would help us point you to the appropriate resources.

Brian

#3 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

I like Ernest O. Beal's Manual of Marsh and Aquatic Plants of North Carolina, 1977. NC State Univ Agric Extension Service, Tech. Bull No.247. It has excellent line drawings and would probably cover most of your north GA species. Of course there are many name changes and new species since then.

Where are you located? Knowing that would help us point you to the appropriate resources.

Brian

#4 Guest_nativeplanter_*

Guest_nativeplanter_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

I like "Aquatic and Wetland Plants of Southeastern United States" by Godfrey and Wooten. Two volume set. A bit technical, and a bit expensive, but the resource I use most often. I suggest reviewing it via interlibrary loan before you buy.

#5 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Sorry, thought I had my profile set, but I didn't. I live a little east of Atlanta, in north Georgia.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to start looking!

Edited by khudgins, 15 October 2009 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users