I got Hikari Cichlid Gold and Hikari frozen bloodworms!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

My fish had a feast tonight, they readily caught their live prey (Some gambusia, a small crayfish, a very large golden-brown 'mystery' minnow, and ten fatheads) and ate their new thawed bloodworms like candy. Before I put in that stuff, I used my brand new Hikari Cichlid Gold floating pellets. Everyone spat them out ](*,) ! Even the green sunfish thought this food distastful! My question is, in your own expieriences, how long does it take to starve them out and then try the pellets and they accept them?

#2 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

I'd try soaking some in the bloodworms first. If you get them used to thinking the cichlid food is edible, then they may eat it without soaking first.

#3 Guest_catfish_hunter_*

Guest_catfish_hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

That is brilliant, and it amazes me how much they love those bloodworms, they sucked them off of plants and from under the gravel, they were so happy to be eating it. Also, eveyone will eat out of my hand, especially the "Maddox" the one eyed pumpkinseed, and the perch does the strange things Snookman said his yellow perch did, he rubs up against your hand like a cat! :mrgreen:

#4 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

They do love those bloodworms! All my fish eat them like candy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users