My NANFA Convention 2009 Trip

69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hello everyone,
I've got plenty of stories to share from the 2009 NANFA Convention Trip I took this year. I know I'm a little late in reporting on them, but stepping out for a week to go catch fish makes for lots of unfinished work. Anyways, as a bit of a last minute occurrence, Brian Zimmerman (smbass) called me up and said he was going to the convention and wanted someone to ride with him. I told him that I just couldn't do it at first, but then I got to thinkin', 'Is there ever going to be a time where it's convenient to go?'...and with that I decided I'd just better go!
Brian had a good mind to think of some sites he wanted to visit on the way down to the convention, so we of course took our time getting to Florida. A day of driving on Tuesday landed us in the Appalachian Mountains of northern Georgia. We camped there and were greeted by this sight in the morning:
Posted Image
Not a bad view, and as you can tell, we were way up there (at least from the viewpoint of someone born and raised in Illinois). We didn't see any bears though, and that's probably all for the better. After heading into town to pick up our Georgia fishing license from the Pawn Shop & Tackle, we made our way to the Conasauga River. Brian and I chose the Conasauga River because it's home to endemic species, has superior fish habitat, and provides us with the potential to see numerous fish species we'd never seen before (at least that I've never seen before, Brian had been to the Conasauga once before). Here's how our short morning stop at the Conasauga panned out:

Date: September 30, 2009
Posted Image
Water Level: High. A big rainfall event caused the nearest USGS gage to peak to 6000 cfs (with normal levels being 800 cfs). Flow today was probably near 2500 cfs. Areas sampled ranged from 0.1m – 1.0m deep.
Water Quality: Surprisingly clear for being as flooded as it was. A big difference could be seen from this flooded stream and the flooded streams of northwestern Ohio. This was a great example of how land use practices play a large role in controlling erosion.
Substrate: Small gravel, sand, detritus, and some cobble. Silt levels in this stream were very low, even with the recent large rainfall event.
Collected:
Blacktail Shiner (Cyprinella venusta)
Posted Image
– caught surprisingly few of these, despite their relative abundance in this watershed. This picture shows off the prominent “black tail” of this species.
:-# Shiner (Cyprinella sp.) - a shiner species endemic to the area made up the abundance of our catch. Their populations in this stretch of the river are holding up very well. At least 3 age classes were observed.
Silverstripe Shiner (Notropis stilbius)
Largescale Stoneroller (Campostoma oligolepis)
Golden Redhorse (Moxostoma erythrurum)
Alabama Hogsucker (Hypentelium etowanum)
Posted Image
– caught one adult bunkered down in the swift flowing water mid-stream. The fish had a noticeably rounded region between the eyes, as compared to the concave region seen on the Northern Hogsucker.
Mosquitofish sp. (Gambusia sp.) – didn’t take time to ID this species. It may have been G. holbrooki.
Black Crappie (Pomoxis nigromaculatus) – according to what I’ve read about the range of these two species, the Black Crappie is by far the dominant Crappie sp. of the south.
Largemouth Bass (Micropterus salmoides) – found one juvenile in the over-hanging vegetation near the shoreline.
Alabama Bass (Micropterus henshali)
Posted Image
– looked very similar to the Spotted Bass. However, the fish we observed here seemed to be much more terete than the Spotted Bass that I’m more familiar with.
Blackspotted Sunfish (Lepomis punctatus)
Posted Image
– the fish here looked like they may have been hybrids of Blackspotted Sunfish x Redspotted Sunfish. Brian explained to me that this area is the “overlap” region of both these Sunfish’s ranges.
Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus)
Warmouth (Lepomis gulosus) – juveniles were fairly abundant in the flooded backwater areas.
Central Longear Sunfish (Lepomis megalotis megalotis)
Redear Sunfish (Lepomis microlophus) – found one small one in the flooded vegetation. There certainly were a lot of Centrarchids in the flooded vegetation of this river.
Green Sunfish (Lepomis cyanellus)
Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auratus) - this was my first time seeing this southern ranging Sunfish species. I was disappointed to see only small juveniles here and not any of the big, brightly colored males.
Blackbanded Darter (Percina nigrofasciata)
Posted Image
Posted Image
– very common darter species that was found in ranging habitats from swift flowing riffles to backwater areas. Sexual dimorphism might be shown here with the top fish being male and the bottom female.
Speckled Darter (Etheostoma stigmaeum)
Posted Image
Coosa Darter (Etheostoma coosae)
Posted Image
– found only one small one in a riffle.
Sculpin sp. (Cottus sp.) – not exactly sure which Sculpin sp. may reside in this drainage.

Notes: Brian and I sampled a small segment of this stream due to the high water conditions. The Centrarchid community here was really astounding, along with the relative clarity despite recent torrential rains. Brian and I sampled with an 8’ x 4’ minnow seine.

Despite the flooding we got to see a good number of fish species. We didn't bother with any collecting here because we didn't want to bother with it this early in the trip. I do have to say it was quite surprising to see the water in such good condition recently after northern Georgia received a reported 20" of rain through 3 consecutive days of rainfall, less than a week before our arrival. I'd hate to see the rivers around me in northwestern Ohio dumped full of that much rain in such a short period. From here, we traveled a few hours downstate to the Flint River in central Georgia. I'll post that report when it's completed.

--to be continued-- :biggrin:

#2 Guest_Jan_*

Guest_Jan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

Super - I can't wait to see the next installment.
What camera are you using?
- Jan

#3 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:11 AM

Nate,

Great report and pictures! =D> Well done, and I'm jealous! I may be slightly biased, but I think that the native fish of the U.S. rock, and you have pictures to prove it! :D/ I especially like the darters, of course! Thanks for posting!

Brian

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

:-# Shiner (Cyprinella sp.) - a shiner species endemic to the area made up the abundance of our catch. Their populations in this stretch of the river are holding up very well. At least 3 age classes were observed.

This really cracked me up... being from Georgia and having been in the water with 100s of these guys... I know exactly what you mean...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

Super - I can't wait to see the next installment.
What camera are you using?
- Jan

Jan, I'm using an Olympus 850SW. It's waterproof, shockproof, and holds up when I take it in the river with me. It also has a macro-mode and a more advanced macro-mode (super macro). Hopefully I can get around to the next installment soon. :)

Nate,

Great report and pictures! =D> Well done, and I'm jealous! I may be slightly biased, but I think that the native fish of the U.S. rock, and you have pictures to prove it! :D/ I especially like the darters, of course! Thanks for posting!

Brian

Brian, thanks for the compliments. It gets a lot better though as the trips progress!

This really cracked me up... being from Georgia and having been in the water with 100s of these guys... I know exactly what you mean...

Yeah, they were really all over the place. It's a shame the water was moving so quickly. I would have liked to have gotten out the snorkel and swam around a bit.

#6 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

Nice pics Nate. It was good to meet you at the convention.
We have about the same model camera, i think mine is 7.1, a 750SW i believe.
You gotta be hinting at the 4 dominant shiner species of the Conasauga. Blue, TriColor, Bama and Venusta. All glorious and each has its favored flow. Of late the Tricolors are the most beautiful to me but wow those Alabamas, when they are frosty tuberculed and sparring full finnage that is quite a show if you can hold on it the rapid flows.
I want you to give me a call one evening and fill me in on details regarding the options i provided. My number is in the front of American Currents.
Your due to get back again this spring. We have something in the works.
The Conasauga offers 90% of the time snorkel clarity. The higher up the mountain you go the better. Once you are in the flat, agriculture lands it quickly greens during late spring and summer. The headwaters are generally protected, forested and have minimal disturbance. You can hike into some areas and you really feel like you are alone and blessed.
My favorite river, most of the time.
:)

#7 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

The Conasauga offers 90% of the time snorkel clarity.

Now is that "clarity" or "Casper clarity"? :)

Todd

#8 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

About 20% of the time it is gin clear, crystal clear, casper clear. A bonus is the water is warmer than the cold Hiwassee just 30 minutes north. The 2 river's proximity offer a snorkeling dip into 2 distinct watersheds and fish specie wonderness on one day's adventure.
I wish all regional waters were consistantly clear as the Conasauga.
Tell us more Nate!

#9 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

Nice pics Nate. It was good to meet you at the convention.
We have about the same model camera, i think mine is 7.1, a 750SW i believe.
You gotta be hinting at the 4 dominant shiner species of the Conasauga. Blue, TriColor, Bama and Venusta. All glorious and each has its favored flow. Of late the Tricolors are the most beautiful to me but wow those Alabamas, when they are frosty tuberculed and sparring full finnage that is quite a show if you can hold on it the rapid flows.
I want you to give me a call one evening and fill me in on details regarding the options i provided. My number is in the front of American Currents.
Your due to get back again this spring. We have something in the works.
The Conasauga offers 90% of the time snorkel clarity. The higher up the mountain you go the better. Once you are in the flat, agriculture lands it quickly greens during late spring and summer. The headwaters are generally protected, forested and have minimal disturbance. You can hike into some areas and you really feel like you are alone and blessed.
My favorite river, most of the time.

It was my pleasure to meet you at the convention. Thanks again for the recommendation of spots on the Conasauga. I got that feeling of isolation and relaxation when fly fishing the upper reaches. I took about an hour nap on a boulder in the middle of the river, it was quite relaxing and provided perfect scenery. My nap stopped at an hour because I had the creeping thought that I would become bear food if I slept on the rocks for too long. Haha. I know it's a silly thought, but ... I don't know that I've ever felt like I'd been as far from civilization there as I have anywhere else. Thanks for that. I've got plenty of pictures to go through still before more legs of this trip are ready to be described. I'll post about them as soon maybe as early as sometime this week.

#10 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Not all that unfounded of concern (the bear). We saw one run across the road down by the houses as you're going up into the wilderness area. Neely was sleeping under the stars that night, after gorging ourselves and saturating the air with the smells of smallmouth buffalo o'er the fire. As we were getting ready to wrap it up, he musta dumped a cord of wood on the fire and I was like "What?" and he grinned and said "Bears." ;)

Todd

#11 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

Yeah. I slept pretty good that night, though, despite the uneasy feeling that my Ictiobus cologne might bring something in... Wouldn't try that in griz habitat.

#12 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Alright, I left off with traveling from the Conasauga River down to the Flint River. Brian and I were in search of Shoal Bass. Brian, in his infinite wisdom of everything Centrarchid :smile2: was telling me that the Shoal Bass is really quite comparable to the Smallmouth Bass. He said that he sees similar foraging patterns and behavior, except Shoal Bass tend to grow a bit larger than Smallmouth Bass. In the upper reaches of the Apalachiocola River drainage, Smallmouth Bass have been stocked in a reservoir and might end up directly competing with the Shoal Bass. Nonetheless, we traveled to the Flint River in search of them. Here's how our trip there ended up;

Date: September 30, 2009
Location: Flint River (I'm going to keep the location secretive due to the fact that I'm unsure of the current status of one of the endemic species that is abundant here.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Water Level: Slightly higher than normal levels. Estimate 1000 cfs. Normal levels are 800 cfs. Pools may have been 2m deep or more.
Water Temp.: not measured
Water Quality: Slightly off-color due to recent rains. The water had more of a red tint (because of the red soils of the area) as opposed to the brown tint that I frequently encounter in northwestern Ohio after a large rainfall.
Substrate: Minimal siltation. The sediments deposited were red in color. Pools had bottoms of sand and gravel. The riffles consisted of large cobble. Swift runs had bedrock made of stone that was shaped oddly by the current and caused lots of depth heterogeneity. The swift runs left large gravel deposits which formed shoals below the runs. Runs and riffles were coated with lush green vegetation (not sure sp. possibly Podostemum ceratophyllum) that made excellent habitat for large stonefly nymphs and hellgrammites.
Collected:
Blacktail Shiner (Cyprinella venusta) – the most abundant cyprinid in the stream.
Clear Chub (Hybopsis winchelli) – very abundant in the swift moving runs.
Bluehead Chub (Nocomis leptocephalus) – one small juvenile was caught in pool directly below a riffle.
Bluefin Stoneroller (Campostoma pauciradii)
Posted Image
– not 100% sure on this ID. I’m not exactly sure if the Central Stoneroller and Bluefin Stoneroller occur together in this drainage.
Brook Silverside (Labidesthes sicculus) – the Brook Silversides in the south have a strange iridescence and much more yellow on their bodies than the ones encountered up north.
Largemouth Bass (Micropterus s. salmoides)
Shoal Bass (Micropterus cataractae)
Posted Image
– juvenile and young of year fish were quite abundant around the riffles and runs of the stretch we sampled. As daylight receded, Brian and I were able to catch a few nice sized adults on hook-and-line in some of the deeper pools.
Posted Image
Fishing for them was similar to fishing for Smallmouth Bass. The fish were aggressively feeding at the head of the riffles as the sun was coming down.
Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auritus) – caught a few large adults under some undercut banks.
Darter sp. (Percina sp.) – these darters were very abundant in the riffles and runs near the gravel shoals. After doing some reading about these fish, they seem to be very dependent on the presence of shoal-like habitat. Fish of three year classes could be identified.

Notes: Sampling was difficult here due to the scoured out nature of the bedrock. The flowing water had really done a number on the substrate. Brian and I sampled via an 8’ x 4’ seine to collect most of the fish here. We did take time out to fish hook and line for Shoal Bass and caught 3 in total. Naturally, I caught the biggest one. :tongue:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Brian did take some time out to get excellent photos of all the Shoal Bass that we caught that night. Perhaps he'll upload them here and share them soon. After our afternoon on the Flint River, we packed up shop and headed further south into Florida. I'll post a report from our next day when I can.

-Nate

#13 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

Okay, back after a hiatus.

After leaving the Flint River, Brian and I headed south to Florida. We drove into the night as long as we could, and just a few miles after we crossed the border of Florida we found ourselves too tired to march on. We ended up sleeping in the car (which ended up being a trend on this trip)! First light in the morning had us on the move to the Suwanee River. My first thoughts upon arriving to the Suwanee were that I had never seen water this black. The Suwanee has its headwaters in the famed Okeefenokee Swamp. Decaying organic matter and tannins leech into this water giving it the darkest black stain I'd ever seen in water. I could stand in water only a few inches deep and not see my feet (no wonder why Alligators are so prominent in this system, they can be completely submerged and hidden practically anywhere). Here's how this part of this trip shaped up;

Date: October 1, 2009
Location: Suwanee River in White Springs, FL. At the Stephen Roster Folk Culture Center State Park, in Hamilton, Co.
Posted Image
Water Level: Probably at average summertime/fall levels. Pools may have had depths of 2m or more.
Water Temp.: Not measured in the main stem. Water temperature from a small spring flowing into the river was 70.4°F and was noticeably cooler than the main stem.
Water Quality: Extremely tannin stained due to the contribution of the Okeefenokee Swamp. Visibility was very poor, but the water was not turbid.
Posted Image
Substrate: Clay, limestone, and coarse sand. The river’s acidic water carved many holes in the limestone, which made wading in the river treacherous. Large sand deposits occurred directly below obstructions, like gravel bars. Brian and I sampled the sand extensively for Ammocrypta sp. but came up empty.
Collected:
Bowfin (Amia calva)
Posted Image
– both Brian and I caught Bowfin in the 16-18” range on hook and line here. A small backwater area behind a gravel bar in the river provided slow moving water with vegetation. The most entertaining aspect of catching this Bowfin was that I got to use Mosquitofish for bait (they’re everywhere!)
Chain Pickerel (Esox niger)
Posted Image
– casting a jerkbait along the shoreline produce a few of these. The tannins in the water really afford these fish some dark coloration.
Redfin Pickerel (Esox americanus americanus)
Posted Image
– found one adult in a pool coming from the small spring adjacent to the river. The red tint to the fins was observed, as compared to the decidedly more yellow tint of the fins of a Grass Pickerel.
Yellow Bullhead (Ameiurus natalis)
Speckled Madtom (Noturus leptacanthus)
Posted Image
– found a few very small ones (2-3 cm TL) in a riffle on the spring. They were found in leaf litter in the riffle alongside Yellow Bullhead.
Pirate Perch (Aphreroderus sayanus)
Posted Image
– these were very abundant in the deepest pool coming out of the spring. The pool was nearly 1m deep and one side of it was characterized by very thick rootwads. These fish were abundant in the rootwads and buried way down in them.
Eastern Mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki)
Brook Silverside (Labidesthes sicculus)
Flier (Centrarchus micropterus)
Posted Image
– found at least two age classes present in the same pool as the Pirate Perch. These fish were also common along the rootwads in the clear pool coming out of the spring.
Redbreast Sunfish (Lepomis auritus)
Blackspotted Sunfish (Lepomis punctatus)
Posted Image
– all the Lepomis sp. were taken in the pool alongside the Pirate Perch.
Coppernose Bluegill (Lepomis macrochirus mysticalis) – caught quite a few of this subspecies of the Bluegill. I only became aware of this subspecies because I was sent some for the display at Bass Pro Shops. They have distinct vertical bars, white edges to their fins, and large adults will have a copper patch on their head.
Blackbanded Darter (Percina nigrofasciata) – extremely abundant throughout the main stem of the river.
Swamp Darter (Etheostoma fusciforme)
Posted Image
– common in the slower moving pools on this river.

Notes: Brian and I sampled this stretch of the river with hook-and-line and then with an 8’ x 4’ seine. The main stem of the river proved difficult to seine. The erratic formation of the bedrock, coupled with the extreme tannin stain of the water made wading a crap-shoot…not to mention the constant thought of Alligators. We stayed close to the shoreline where G. holbrooki, P. nigrofasciata, and E. fusciforme dominated our catch in the main stem. The spring proved to be a haven for a wide variety of fish. The numerous springs that feed watersheds in Florida undoubtedly provide cool(er) water refuges for these fish despite the warm waters of the rivers.

Fascinated with the spring that we encountered here, Brian and I proceeded to head south to find a large spring on the Santa Fe River (which is a tributary to the Suwanee River). I'll post about that soon.

#14 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Nate your read makes a nice break on a cold day here in Chattanooga.
I especially like that pretty orangy tannic stained water shot. While in Tates Hell Pierre swam in such water and the color against his skin was amazing.
You noted the Brook Silversides color. They look like translucent green apply candy to me and then their noses get red like rudolph's i kid you not. Very pretty down in the panhandle and the Okeefenokee. I think i heard talk about a subspecies noting they are destined for.
Lots of good springs and rivers down around Mayo. I took the family there and we spent 3 days hitting about 12 nice swimming holes and rivers and stayed in a little local motel under massive Live Oaks covered in Resurrection Fern. I snorkeled in one small sinkhole that was drying and inhabitated by 2 big Gar. They were suprised to see me but unafraid. Sante Fe and ItchMeTouchMe were also fine but you can get run over by mad paddlers. I remember seeing a pipefish in the Sante Fe.
Good place to be on such a day here.

#15 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

There was a talk at last year's SFC on the genetics and a poster at this year's on the morphimetric differences between the southeastern and northern brook silversides. Their suggestion was to elevate the SE form to full species, Labidesthes vanhyningi.

#16 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

You noted the Brook Silversides color. They look like translucent green apply candy to me and then their noses get red like rudolph's i kid you not. Very pretty down in the panhandle and the Okeefenokee. I think i heard talk about a subspecies noting they are destined for.

I did take a picture of one of the Silversides at another site;
Posted Image

Good looking fish. Nothing like what I see in the Midwest. I would have loved to be snorkeling in those springs. Were you able to see at all when you got into the black tannin stained water?

#17 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

There was a talk at last year's SFC on the genetics and a poster at this year's on the morphimetric differences between the southeastern and northern brook silversides. Their suggestion was to elevate the SE form to full species, Labidesthes vanhyningi.

Do you remember who gave the talk?

#18 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

Here are the abstracts from the poster and the presentation on the genetic work:

Redescription of Labidesthes vanhyningi Bean and Reid based on
morphological data
David C. Werneke, Auburn University, 101 Rouse Life Sciences, Biological
Sciences, Auburn University, AL 36849 (wernedc@auburn.edu), Jonathan W.
Armbruster, Auburn University, 331 Funchess, Biological Sciences, Auburn
University, AL 36849; (armbrjw@auburn.edu)
Labidesthes Cope 1870 is a monotypic genus currently occupied by L. sicculus
(Cope 1865). A second species, L. vanhyningi, was described from Florida by
Bean and Reid in 1930, but was later placed in the synonymy of L. sicculus by
Bailey et al. (1954) when they found meristic characters, putatively diagnostic for
L. vanhyningi, in populations of Labidesthes from Arkansas. Examination of 533
specimens from localities across the range of Labidesthes (500 alcohol for
meristic and morphological data, and 33 cleared and stained specimens for
osteological data) resulted in four characters useful in diagnosing the species.
Labidesthes vanhyningi is herein diagnosed from L. sicculus by having a pelvic
girdle situated more anteriorly on the body, a more angular premaxilla, a more
reduced anterolateral process of the post-temporal, and a midlateral stripe
becoming broader and more diffuse anterior of the first dorsal fin.

Kyle R. Piller, Southeastern Louisiana University, Dept. of Biological Sciences,
Hammond, Louisiana 70402 (Kyle.Piller@selu.edu), and Devin D. Bloom,
University of Toronto, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Toronto,
Ontario, Canada, M5S3B2 (devin.bloom@utoronto.ca)
Labidesthes sicculus (Teleostomi: Atherinopsidae) is a ubiquitous, schooling,
top-water species that is abundant in streams, rivers, and lakes throughout
eastern North America. Historically, two subspecies of Labidesthes have been
recognized. The nominal form, Labidesthes sicculus sicculus, was described by
Cope from the Detroit River, Michigan and is widely distributed in the Mississippi
and Great Lakes basins and in several Gulf Coast drainages. Labidesthes
sicculus vanhyngini, the Florida Brook silverside, was described by Bean and
Reid, from Prairie Creek, near Gainesville,
FL. Until recently, the taxonomic status of L. s. vanhyngini and the specific limits
of its distribution have been in question. This present study was undertaken to
determine the geographic pattern of genetic variation within Labidesthes across
its range. Mitochondrial DNA sequence data (ND2) was obtained from more
than 50 individuals and results indicate that there is a high level of genetic
variation (>10%) between the putative subspecies and that the distribution of
genetic variation is generally concordant with the proposed distribution of the
taxa within the genus.

#19 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

Interesting...they haven't been accepted as separate species yet, right?

#20 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

Interesting...they haven't been accepted as separate species yet, right?

My understanding is that the redescription has not yet been published, but I don't have ready access to journals. It may be coming soon. The blackbanded darter may also be split soon.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users