Fish tolerance values

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_darter1_*

Guest_darter1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Would anybody have... or know where to find... a list of native/introduced fish species with trophic guild, and tolerance values. I did a quick search online but have not found a list that was very complete. Just the fish of the Northeastern US will do. Just something simple and to the point. Thanks,

Tim

#2 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

Hi Tim,

You might poke around here: http://www.epa.gov/w...ce/biocriteria/

Todd

#3 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

Frimpong and Angermeier just published a database (FishTraits) of ecological and life history traits for U.S. Freshwater fish...article is in current Fisheres. Read the article but haven't given the thing a try, might be a little more complex than what you're after. A colleague and I made one for Maryland fish about two years ago.

FishTraits

#4 Guest_darter1_*

Guest_darter1_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:38 AM

The EPA website is good...but I wasn't able to find a list there. The fishtraits was a neat website with a whole pile of good information, I am sure I will be using it in the future. It doesn't seem too user friendly, unless you are a robot... 100110010101. Again, no complete list, each taxa must be looked at seperately.
Good sources!! Thanks

Tim

#5 Guest_darter1_*

Guest_darter1_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:07 AM

Matt, I found a paper in AFS journals...The development of a tolerence index for Maryland written by Pirhalla. Not sure if that is what you were refering too... but it looks good so far.

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

No that isn't it. That is actually one of the few (out of dozens upon dozens) of publications that properly acknowledges and even cites (what a concept) where the data came from (the project I work on) instead of just downloading it and publishing. We developed something that sounds a little more similar to what you are looking for in order to look at extinction prone species, whether there are inherent or ecological traits and how much contribution. Similar to Angermeier 1995 and the resulting FishTraits database. It sounds like you want a spread sheet of the raw data, so other than an appendicie from a publication you're probably going to have to make one up on your own through literature.

#7 Guest_darter1_*

Guest_darter1_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, I know exactly what you are saying. I think our current project will be data-stripped by numerous people with little to no recognition. Thanks for the heads up.

#8 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

Here is a link to North Carolina's fish tolerance ratings and trophic guilds. See pages 16-20.

http://www.esb.enr.s....2006.Final.pdf

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users