? fish pictures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

when i see a fish in a black backgroud has a clipping path been used?

#2 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:19 AM

Some are clipped out with the lasso tool, others are colored carefully with the brush tool.

#3 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

It depends on the background how well the magnetic lasso will work. Working with the quick mask sometime is easier if the back ground is too detailed for the magnetic lasso. If you are photographing the fish your self then it is best to photograph it against a plain high contrast background that way the magnetic lasso will work a lot better. Better yet if you have control of the background shoot it against a black background to start with.

I used to work a lot more with photoshop but not so much lately. A little rusty but the above paragraph is my two cents worth. Can't even say I know what a cliping path is. It has been a while since I did any serious reading of the book or cd tutoriols.

Daniel

PS: Just looked at your fathers site. Some pretty nice stuff. That redbellied woodpecker shot was either the luck of a life time or set up. By the sounds of the description "how the shot was done" I am assuming the shot was a set up. Still very tallented shot.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by nativecajun, 15 May 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#4 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

It depends on the background how well the magnetic lasso will work. Working with the quick mask sometime is easier if the back ground is too detailed for the magnetic lasso. If you are photographing the fish your self then it is best to photograph it against a plain high contrast background that way the magnetic lasso will work a lot better. Better yet if you have control of the background shoot it against a black background to start with.

I used to work a lot more with photoshop but not so much lately. A little rusty but the above paragraph is my two cents worth. Can't even say I know what a cliping path is. It has been a while since I did any serious reading of the book or cd tutoriols.

Daniel

PS: Just looked at your fathers site. Some pretty nice stuff. That redbellied woodpecker shot was either the luck of a life time or set up. By the sounds of the description "how the shot was done" I am assuming the shot was a set up. Still very tallented shot.

Thanks for sharing.

i just got a copy of gimp and photoshop lite i will work with some of the tools you mention thanks for the tip.
some of his nature shots are from the deck of his house endless hours of time there has the birds use to him shooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users