Forum Visual format problem

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

This has been going on for a couple weeks now. Oddly it is not occuring on my home system.

The NANFA Forum main page looks fine but when i click on a topic the screen changes to a rudimentary format. I dont know how to describe it beyond that. Very clunky, pictures are icons. All the text is plain and plainly colored.

I dont think i have changed any of the options or settings. I have reviewed what i can find in regards to settings.

Im using AOL's browser but have also tried it from outside using Microsoft Explorer with the same results. Yet at home and here 2 weeks ago everything worked as it always had.

I dont know what else to do. These computer problems always confound me.

Help me please.
:)

I will try and do a screen capture and post it.

Casper

#2 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Here on my home system everything looks fine.
I can see no way of doing a "screen capture" to show the problem i am experiencing.
Surely someone else must be experiencing this.
?
Casper

#3 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

Almost sounds like the lo-fi version but you shouldn't be seeing that. Can you dump your temporary files or cache?

#4 Guest_Casper Cox_*

Guest_Casper Cox_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the advice Drew.

I just installed Internet Explorer 8.
I ran Disk Cleanup from accessories on my XP. ( I presume this wipes clean all caches? )
I also installed and ran CCleaner. I took some chances with the options and basically selected them all including registry issues.

Several steps were problemic and once required a "hold the button in 7 seconds" shut down.

Im not sure which of the steps resulted in a return to normal but so it seems.
:)

Ive been getting some funky behavior of late and probably need my tech to come in and do a through check up.

Thanks again Drew for offering advice.

Casper

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users