Going out local near shelby NC this saturday...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jasonv123_*

Guest_jasonv123_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Well i got a new dipnet in, and with all the recent rains, hopefully the fish will be out and the creeks will be down.
Im going to one stream that will produce darters and redlip shiners among a few good others. PM me if anyone wonts to tag along.

Michael

#2 Guest_pjenkins_*

Guest_pjenkins_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Well i got a new dipnet in, and with all the recent rains, hopefully the fish will be out and the creeks will be down.
Im going to one stream that will produce darters and redlip shiners among a few good others. PM me if anyone wonts to tag along.

Michael

Michael, Where are you going? Im from mooresville area. Leat me know maybe interested.

#3 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hey guys, not local and not able to make it this weekend, but I am probably going to be spending a few weekends this summer in Concord...you mind if I PM you so that maybe we could meet up? I went solo the weekend before last and would have enjoyed it much more with a seining partner I think :)

#4 Guest_jasonv123_*

Guest_jasonv123_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys, not local and not able to make it this weekend, but I am probably going to be spending a few weekends this summer in Concord...you mind if I PM you so that maybe we could meet up? I went solo the weekend before last and would have enjoyed it much more with a seining partner I think :)

Sure just let me know,

Im going about 15miles towards lawndale nc,litte place called Hollis. The stream is the hinton creek.

Michael

#5 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Based on range those oughta be greenhead shiners; young look very similar to redlip shiners. I sure hope redlips (from Yadkin-PeeDee) haven't been introduced there. Redlips tend to hybridize with greenheads where they've been introduced into the greenhead's native range, for example NE Gaston County. My wife's dad lives in Shelby so we get up there once or twice a year; maybe we can meet up. Next trip will probably be Xmas.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users