Medicine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blaze88_*

Guest_blaze88_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

So, being that I have been buying from Jehmco for years and just discovered their medicine department... I set out to make a fish medicine cabinet because Im sick of overpaying petsmart for meds when I need them, and I figured my fish nerd friends are too.

So I used to go on a tropical fish forum with a great section about each fish disease, symptoms, cures (and not just listing products, old school cures), prognosis, academic sources, causes etc etc. However, they recently went off line and I found I had nowhere to turn when my friend's new beta got dropsy coming off the store antibiotics... (The lady at the store was a real jerk too because she was convinced it originated in the new tap water that was used in his tank, not from the fish itself). So I used google and everything was ok, but I was sad.

Long story short, does anybody know a really good disease resource that will list cures such as methaline blue and not Dr. Wellfish's ick cure #5. I would prefer an academic book source, but anything will do as long as it is well written.

#2 Guest_blaze88_*

Guest_blaze88_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

Oh, PS Im sorry its not about natie fish. I hate finding forums, because eaither they are full of idiots or they see im a newbie and expect me to know nothing. So this being not a forum of idiots and I have been a member I decided to ask here.

#3 Guest_jase_*

Guest_jase_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Others may have a different view, but I think it's fine to ask an occasional question like this here. You're just asking folks to point you to an external reference source, not to engage in a lengthy discussion about treatment options on this forum. Many NANFA folks are like yourself in wanting to find simpler, cheaper options that what are often offered in the mainstream aquarium hobby.

There may be some of this info already in the archive. You might try Google to search the forum (site:forum.nanfa.org) rather than the internal search, as Google sometimes gives better results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users