• Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Attached File  000_0695.JPG   96.27KB   6 downloads
Attached File  000_0653.JPG   729.32KB   0 downloads

#2 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

Those are very beautiful fish!! They look nice and healthy.

#3 Guest_joshuapope2001_*

Guest_joshuapope2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Great looking fish. I have wanted to keep them for some time now but have yet to do so. What size tank is that?

#4 Guest_chasingtime_*

Guest_chasingtime_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

it was my 220 that i lost in a house fire. i now have babys in my 120. too small for good pics yet but ill get em up. going out now to minnow trap and see if i can get some young of the year 6 inchers give or take...

#5 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

You won't find any young from this year yet in NY. They spawn a little later, it's mid to late May here in Ohio and I suspect could be early June in NY (I have found young on fishing trips in Southern Ontario in mid June). Last years fish could be in the 6-10" range right now, is that what you were thinking?

#6 Guest_chasingtime_*

Guest_chasingtime_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

You won't find any young from this year yet in NY. They spawn a little later, it's mid to late May here in Ohio and I suspect could be early June in NY (I have found young on fishing trips in Southern Ontario in mid June). Last years fish could be in the 6-10" range right now, is that what you were thinking?

yes. thats exactly what i want. i thought they were called young of the year. any tips on catching the 6-10 inchers?

#7 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

I have never seen bowfin of that size in the wild, I only ever seem to find big adults or very small young. Young of year are typically fish that have hatched in the same year but I guess the term could refer to fish that are anything less than a year old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users