Hello from Cape Cod

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_azolla_*

Guest_azolla_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Rob, and I live on Cape Cod, Ma. My interests are in freshwater inverts from around the world. I Currently keep many critters.
150 gallon : 3 species of sunfish, Freshwater Limpets, Gammarus, and Apple Snails
55 gallon : 6 Marmokrebs and Malaysian Trumpet Snails
33 gallon : Cherry Shrimp, Zigzag Nerite Snails, Freshwater Limpets, MTS, and Japonica Shrimp
20 gallon : P. Clarkii blue morph
10 gallon : X. Eiseni, MTS, and Snowball Shrimp
2.5 gallon : Betta, Fancy Guppies, and MTS

I also have many aquariums waiting for critters to fill them; 120g, 110, 55g, 92g corner, 54g corner, 3 30g, 9 10g, and other small aquaria.

#2 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

welcome fellow masshole!!!!!! awesome to have someone else from the state!!

seeing as you have all those extra tanks....i know how you can fill them!! natives! we have a trip planned for this friday in New York. you can get alotttttt of very cool species. us here in mass a fairly limited to things we are able to collect. what are you looking to fill your tanks with?

Edited by bumpylemon, 28 March 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#3 Guest_azolla_*

Guest_azolla_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

I would love to go collecting but unfortunately I work 6 days a week, literally. I am a tow truck operator and I only get a day and a half off a week. I am on call after hours also. I am interested in crays, and other inverts of strickly freshwater origin. Anyway, how often do you go collecting? I ran into a person who works for Natureserve, who has collected inverts on cape cod, including 3 species of crays. Unfortunately I have not been able to find these elusive critters yet. Anyway you might be able to collect some crays for me? Snails and other inverts as well? If not thats cool. I am also a member of the Boston Aquarium Society. How about you?

#4 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

we try and go out a bunch over the warm weather months. we are going out to new york this friday. what i can do is try and take pics of the species i catch then you can see what they are and then when i go back know which ones to actually keep. i can always grab snails. although i dont remember an abundance of snails....but i will say when we went down to virginia in the clinch river there were MILLIONS of unbelievable snails and other inverts. truly amazing. all different colors and shapes. maybe someone on here can chime in on the clinch river inverts.... fascinating

#5 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

Welcome to the forum friend. Please post some pictures of those tanks, they sound pretty cool.

#6 Guest_azolla_*

Guest_azolla_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

My camera is kind of old for a digital being that it is 7 years old. I will try to post some soon though. I ultimately would like to keep and breed as many species of cray as possible. Anyone keeping less popular crays? Please let me know.

#7 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

Hello sir!

I can easliy help you with search for the crayfish! I am about 40 minutes from the Bourne bridge and can gladly give and help you find some crayfish. I'm not positive on the species ID's but Orconectes virilis and Procambarus acutus acutus are my best guesses. How far down the cape ar you locaeted? Headed out that way was the first time I caught banded killi fish, you are in a great location!

#8 Guest_azolla_*

Guest_azolla_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

Hello sir!

I can easliy help you with search for the crayfish! I am about 40 minutes from the Bourne bridge and can gladly give and help you find some crayfish. I'm not positive on the species ID's but Orconectes virilis and Procambarus acutus acutus are my best guesses. How far down the cape ar you locaeted? Headed out that way was the first time I caught banded killi fish, you are in a great location!

I live in Yarmouth, just off exit 8 on the mid-cape highway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users