Western and Central Tennessee March 2010

23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Clayton,
The Stonerollers should still have tubercles (yes you spelled it right:biggrin:) for bit so get on out! They sure are a lot easier to hold like that.

Blake I insist that I like your photos better than mine. Detail really pops out in your photos, they look natural. I can't wait to see the rest.

Mike, I'm fascinated with Blenny darters and I'm not sure why. This was my first time seeing them in spawning condition and I will never be the same. That could just be my back talking after the recent trips.

If anyone want's to look up the common names to these critters, you can check out the species checklist maintained by Chris Scharpf.

#22 Guest_Newt_*

Guest_Newt_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

I wish I could have gone on the rest of y'all's trip! Did you get any E. blennioides? I saw some massive individuals in the West Fork of the Red last week- possibly the largest darters I've ever seen.

#23 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

Uland,

Those are some awesome photos!! I'm really jealous! You sure seem to have the knack of taking the photos. And the subjects aren't bad either! Thanks for posting!

Brian

#24 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:31 AM

I wish I could have gone on the rest of y'all's trip! Did you get any E. blennioides? I saw some massive individuals in the West Fork of the Red last week- possibly the largest darters I've ever seen.

We did see E. blennoides in Sumner county and that thing could hardly fit in the tank! Probably also the largest darter I've ever handled. Too bad they and a few other darters rarely erect fins for photos.

Thanks Brian. I just feel lucky to be able to see these fish and luckier to have photos of them now. Lots of new fish on this trip.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users