beaver brook sampling

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

I decided to sample beaver brook. I originally wanted to go to the upstream area where i heard their were creek chub but the rocky riprap their looked hard to climb down.

So I went to a downstream area, one where I almost sampled with bumpylemon a year ago but he assumed it would have nothing but blacknose dace. he was amazingly right.

I sampled the downstream area here.

Posted Image

On the other hand these were the prettiest blacnose dace i ever seen, so red their backs looked red from looking down on them outside the water. At first I kick netted under a bridge and worked my way downstream. I only got too fish.

When I turned around and headed upstream I noticed small red fishes darting ahead of me in an odd dart and drift swimming style. the further back upstream I went the more i saw and they schooled together, and trapped themselves in a area cut into the stream side by a log. A quick net set and rush in netted me 6 of them. I released them but took some pictures. They were the prettiest blacknose I ever saw.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

wow!!!! very pretty. i agree. they def werent red like that when i was there. nice job!

#3 Guest_mikez_*

Guest_mikez_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

wow those are sweet!
at least you don't have to worry about giving away your secret spot. Good luck to anyone trying to find a beaver brook anywhere in new england. :laugh:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users