South Carolina Sampling

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robert06_*

Guest_robert06_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

I stay in Columbia, South Carolina and I wanted to know if anyone knew of any places near by i can go sampling.

#2 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

A little more details (it will get you more views and a likely response from our SC users and members)? What are you species of fish are you interested in, what kind of sampling are you trying to do, dip nets or seines?

#3 Guest_robert06_*

Guest_robert06_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'm open to any species I'm a biology major and we have a couple 20-25 gallon tanks in our lab i wanted to put some fish in . As of right now dip netting but I'm open to other techniques

#4 Guest_gzeiger_*

Guest_gzeiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

If you're ever in the North Charleston area I can show you some good places. I'm not familiar with Columbia though.

#5 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

We have tons of great places in the central SC area. I live in Lexington and would be glad to get out with you sometime. I have been out the last two weeks and will hopefully be putting some photos and notes together this week. Highlights from the week include, fieryblack shiners, rosyside dace, greenhead shiner, yellowfin shiners, Christmas darters and scads of interestingly marked blackbanded darters. If you let me know what you are interested in, I can either join you or point you in the right direction. I may even have fish here that I can pass on to you.

#6 Guest_robert06_*

Guest_robert06_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

We have tons of great places in the central SC area. I live in Lexington and would be glad to get out with you sometime. I have been out the last two weeks and will hopefully be putting some photos and notes together this week. Highlights from the week include, fieryblack shiners, rosyside dace, greenhead shiner, yellowfin shiners, Christmas darters and scads of interestingly marked blackbanded darters. If you let me know what you are interested in, I can either join you or point you in the right direction. I may even have fish here that I can pass on to you.

That would be nice to have you join me because im new to this. I am looking for somebody who can show me the proper techniques and what kind of equipment i need to use and etc.

#7 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

That would be nice to have you join me because im new to this. I am looking for somebody who can show me the proper techniques and what kind of equipment i need to use and etc.

I apologize for being tardy in responding to your PM. We will contact you when we make it out next time. Start thinking about some fish you are interested in seeing.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users