Yellow Perch Giveaway

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Perchmonger_*

Guest_Perchmonger_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have Twelve (12) Yellow Perch about 10" to 12"; I need to find a new home for, pick-up only. I live in the Oak Park, IL. area, please contact me if interested geomoney16@hotmail.com.
Thank you

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Are you doing pick-up only because you're worried about shipping 10-12" fish? That makes sense. But it is possible.
Here is an example of a success story: http://aquarticles.c...an_Arowana.html
And it's not hard finding someone willing to pay the shipping cost with fish-specialized websites like this one and aquabid.com

If you need any shipping advice, we're here for you. I've shipped fish loads of times, so if you have any questions, feel free to private message me or reply to this post.

Edited by EricaWieser, 13 October 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#3 Guest_az9_*

Guest_az9_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

Are you doing pick-up only because you're worried about shipping 10-12" fish? That makes sense. But it is possible.
Here is an example of a success story: http://aquarticles.c...an_Arowana.html
And it's not hard finding someone willing to pay the shipping cost with fish-specialized websites like this one and aquabid.com

If you need any shipping advice, we're here for you. I've shipped fish loads of times, so if you have any questions, feel free to private message me or reply to this post.

Just be aware if they go from one Great Lakes state to another or even TO most other states outside of the Great Lakes they would need to be tested for VHS. Closed systems aren't exempt. Trust me I asked. Since the minimum sample size for testing is 60 fish (spleen and portion of liver is removed), that kind of makes it impossible to officially ship the 12 Yellow Perch from Illnois to any other state.

I once killed 60 large perch to sell 89 to Bass Pro Shops in Missouri. It was profitable enough to justify it, but seemed like such a waste. I also had 60 large smallmouth they were interested in, but since the minimum testing sample is 60 that kind of negated that deal.

Intrastate no testing of VHS is required for sales. I guess the virus isn't present if you stay within the state. LOL!

Are people getting away with shipping interstate fish without testing due to not knowing any better or purposely ignoring the rules? Probably.

Edited by az9, 13 October 2011 - 10:41 PM.

#4 Guest_Perchmonger_*

Guest_Perchmonger_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Fish have been picked up; Thank you![

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users