2012 NANFA Convention in Ohio

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I finally got around to registering but got the following message after it said my payment was processed:

NANFA Membership Form : Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invalid amount. Please hit the 'Back' button on your browser, correct the amounts nd resubmit the form.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you!Please contact treasurer@nanfa.org if you have a problem using this web page

Somebody let me know if the payment was received.

Edited by jblaylock, 13 July 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#22 Guest_Johnstone_*

Guest_Johnstone_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I understand that NANFA does everything they can to protect the fish and follow the DNR. The ODNR says "DRY Equipment. If possible, allow for 5 days of drying time before entering new waters." Will every crew be restricted to one river branch? Will people be sharing fish?

#23 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Odd question, does the convention center and park where we will be staying allow payment with credit card? I am not sure if I will get enough cash for the trip by the 12th to pay with debit

#24 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

From their web site... so they at least take it for the room part... which is the main expense you would have with them right?

Policies
To reserve a room, a deposit equal to the first night of your stay (plus tax) is required on each room. You may use a Discover, JCB, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, or Diners Club and we will charge your credit card upon completion of the reservation. The deposit will guarantee your room reservation for an arrival beyond check-in time (3:00pm for Hotel Rooms, 4:30pm for Cottages).
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#25 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

OK, NANFA you are down to only two weeks left to go to get your lodging squared away. Brian has reserved a block of rooms / cabins for us and you have to reserve yours by August 12th (or they will be released to the general public and you may not get the NANFA rate). Also, please remember to tell them that you are with NANFA when you register as we are getting a deal on the facility based on having a certain number of us attending (so we need to let them know that we are there)!

I reserved a cabin this week and the process was easy and the people friendly (and to repeat the above, they took my Discover Card with no problems).
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#26 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

I just picked up the 2012 Ohio NANFA convention t-shirts!

Attached File  NANFA-2012-TShirt-Front.jpg   85.58KB   17 downloads

Wowee. I am impressed.
I was again having difficulty with choosing a printer and the various file and screen issues when an old art friend visited who had recently acquired a new tech printing device that prints directly to shirts. Outstanding results, excellent detail and color accurate to my original design.
The shirts are printed on heavy weight 100% cotton, dyed a cool ice grey. The rendering of the featured Bluebreast Darter was illustrated by our host Brian Zimmerman's wife Julie. I did the design work and had fun playing with Ohio's motto and slogan, altering it to something more fishy.
So if you want to get your shirt now send me a check, made out to NANFA, for $20 each plus $5 shipping and handling ( no matter how many shirts you order. 1 box 5 bucks mailed to you. )

My address is
Casper Cox
1200 Dodds Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404

Be sure and include your size(s), sizes available Medium through 3XL.

I will bring the remaining shirts to the convention and i suspect they will be available to order via NANFA's website and PayPal soon.
All monies beyond shirts, printing and shipping expenses go to NANFA.

Casper

Attached File  NANFA-2012-TShirt-Back.jpg   41.57KB   13 downloads

Edited by Casper, 28 July 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#27 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ya done good.

#28 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

I just payed to register for the trip, I hope my payment made it. Paypal said it did, but when redirected to the NANFA page I got an invalid amount error which is odd as it should automaticly have paid 75.00. Did my pay go through?

#29 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

I just payed to register for the trip, I hope my payment made it. Paypal said it did, but when redirected to the NANFA page I got an invalid amount error which is odd as it should automaticly have paid 75.00. Did my pay go through?

Glad to see you're finally getting to a NANFA convention, you will love it.

#30 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Glad to see you're finally getting to a NANFA convention, you will love it.

Thank you Mike. By the way you had a great article in American Currents a few months back. I read it and went "these sound like Mikes stories" I checked the author name and sure enough it was from you. (I am tempted to write some, but I need to find some good fish books for info for articles. Sadly they seem much much harder to find than the bird books I read as a kid).

#31 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Julie's drawing is awesome. We need a shirt fort next years convention. Hint Hint Brian and Julie.

#32 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

On the ODNR site, I found this about aquatic nuisance species:

"Rinse and dry equipment, boats and trailers for five days.
Before reuse, roll out, hand clean and dry nets for ten days"

Someone should just pick up a bottle of bleach and a pump sprayer (per field trip) and make up a 10% by volume solution or spend the money on a small container of Virkon. A 10 minute soak, followed by rinse kills everything you have to worry about. Said it plenty of times before, this should be happening at EVERY NANFA sponsored event as a steward of the aquatic environment. It's a minimal cost that should be picked up by the organization and be present at any convention.

#33 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Same thing happened to me, I'm still wondering if my registration went through.

#34 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hey guys... sorry if there was a problem... I forwarded the problem to someone better than me at these web things, and he says that he has fixed it now... so there should be no further porblems. Not sure how you can check the registration... maybe through the credit card you used to pay... just to ake sure?

#35 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Julie's drawing is awesome. We need a shirt fort next years convention. Hint Hint Brian and Julie.

I can start working on Julie to do another one... Get me a photo of the species you want to use soon or if you have a species in mind I may have a photo too. Something colorful, maybe has a unique story in KY, and something attendees are likely to encounter would be good.

You will all have to show up and listen to our Fishes of Ohio Inventory and Distribution Project talk Thursday night at this years convention in Ohio to hear why the Bluebreast Darter Etheostoma camurum was chosen as this years t-shirt and theme species.

#36 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have a few species in mind. I would like to use a KY endemic, and incorporate the KY flag and/or logo into it.

#37 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

I will follow Josh's lead on this. So take it away Josh.

#38 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

One month to go... to Convention 2012 in Ohio! Hopefully, you all have your registration complete, and your travel arrangements. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Like I mentioned, I do have a cabin reserved and as it turns out, I have space for one more person if you want to share accomodations. Send me a PM.

#39 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

I just picked up the 2012 Ohio NANFA convention t-shirts!

Posted Image

So if you want to get your shirt now send me a check, made out to NANFA, for $20 each plus $5 shipping and handling ( no matter how many shirts you order. 1 box 5 bucks mailed to you. )

My address is
Casper Cox
1200 Dodds Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37404

I gotta get me one of these...

#40 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hey guys... sorry if there was a problem... I forwarded the problem to someone better than me at these web things, and he says that he has fixed it now... so there should be no further porblems. Not sure how you can check the registration... maybe through the credit card you used to pay... just to ake sure?

I made my registration on Saturday, and everything went fine. Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users