2012 NANFA Convention in Ohio

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Yes, we fixed it... well the we was really me asking Sajjad to do it and him doing it... so Sajjad fixed it... and we confirmed that the registrations in question did go through... so there should be no problem. Thanks for confirming that!

So now, all the rest of you need to make sure that you are registered and have a room and start getting ready to be in Ohio... just a few weeks to get ready.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#42 Guest_fritz_*

Guest_fritz_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

got my t-shirts. Got work!

#43 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

I tried to order the Ohio convention shirt through the NANFA page and got this error "PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem." when i tried to add it to my cart.

Edited by FirstChAoS, 18 August 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#44 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

No, wait, I am going to change my answer... I just went in and bought my own shirt (which I needed to do anyway)... and everything worked fine... I paid with PayPal... everything. Please try again and contact me privately if you still have problems... it is not a web problem

Sorry about that... we had a minor problem with some of the text and Sajjad was working on it... I thought he said it was fixed... but I will forward this to him and make sure (I know you are in the NE and I am in Georgia... but he is in the West Coast, so with time zones and such it may take a while today. I can help with basic web stuff, but not so much with paypal.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#45 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I tried restarting, clearing cache, cookies, and history, and I still get the error. Even more bizarre is i get it on adding to the cart, i'd assume a paypal error would be on purchasing.

#46 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I forwarded this to Sajjad, and maybe he can figure out something... but I went in and had no problem adding 2012 Convention T-Shirts to my cart. I may split the thread off to the software bugs sub-forum...

#47 Guest_Scenicrivers_*

Guest_Scenicrivers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am really looking forward to this years convention, as it will be my first. It will be great to meet people and put a face to the names on the forum. I also can't wait to pick up a t-shirt at the convention, great job.

#48 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

2 1/2 weeks to go to NANFA Convention 2012 in Salt Fork State Park, Ohio. We have about 60 people registered. If you are not one of them get over to the NANFA Web Site and register to join us... and buy a t-shirt (we got the problem fixed this morning for good this time).

http://www.nanfa.org/convention.shtml

http://www.nanfa.org/cart.shtml

This is our once a year opportunity to spend time (face to face and in the water) with folks from all over the country that we talk to every week.

Don't miss it!

#49 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

If it is Endangered, Threatened or Special Concern and you are found with it in your possession, you will get a fine of $250-1000 per violation, depending on the status of the animal.

Todd

Would their be experts around during the collecting trip to help us ID fish for those new to the area and species their.

#50 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

YES, there are local trip leaders designated for each of the outings that will be knowledgeable in the fish species in the area.

#51 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm getting excited about the convention, it's coming soon!

#52 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

I am really looking forward to this years convention, as it will be my first. It will be great to meet people and put a face to the names on the forum. I also can't wait to pick up a t-shirt at the convention, great job.

Matthew Smith, I can't wait to finally meet you, shall be great!

#53 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Would their be experts around during the collecting trip to help us ID fish for those new to the area and species their.

Umm Yep, Justin Baker, Brian Z. Marc Kibby, Mark Binkley, and even myself will be there, and will square you away. Plus many others that know Ohio fish will be present. You will have a good time!

#54 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I will mail out the last batch of shirt orders Friday... this will allow enough time for you to get your shirt and size before the convention. We should have enough Ohio shirts but we always seem to run out of a size or 2 towards the end, and according to Tom a good number of folks are already registered.

#55 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I need a large Casper, should I pay in advance? or will I be able to get one at the convention?

#56 Guest_Fishwhisperer_*

Guest_Fishwhisperer_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

I just registered for the convention. This is Scott Catrlson from Iowa. Some of you may remember me from the Texas and Virginia conventions. I have not contacted the park for lodging info yet. If anyone is still looking to share expenses let me know.

#57 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi Iowa Scott!
I remember you.
http://gallery.nanfa...-Scott.JPG.html
:)
Matt... shirts will be at the convention. Sometimes a size can run out though which is why i urge folks to buy them in advance and to promote the convention. My last pre-convention mailing will go out Friday. You can order your shirts PayPal.

#58 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

I just registered for the convention. This is Scott Catrlson from Iowa. Some of you may remember me from the Texas and Virginia conventions. I have not contacted the park for lodging info yet. If anyone is still looking to share expenses let me know.

Hey, Scott glad your coming again this year!

Will any trips be visiting sites with Topminnows?

Edited by jblaylock, 29 August 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#59 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Is the convention held in ohio every year? I cant make this years but maybe next year...

#60 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

No the convention is in different states each year. Next year is KY (cats out of the bag already I guess)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users