NJ Pine barrens sampling / collecting trips

44 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_SunfishGuy99_*

Guest_SunfishGuy99_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

T

On rod and reel? I've caught large and smallmouth bass, channel catfish,walleye,red breast and bluegill sunfish, stocked trout in the spring, striped bass up to maybe 3 pounds and eels.

With a dipnet? Fallfish, Blacknosed Dace, Tessellated Darters and various shiners. I haven't really worked the are too hard with a dipnet it's mostly a fishing spot for me.

Thanks! Your the man for NJ fishing!

#42 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah I can catch quantity and variety but the big ones tend to elude me lol.

#43 Guest_SunfishGuy99_*

Guest_SunfishGuy99_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah I can never land the big ones I'm more of a Dipnet seine catch and release guy than a "catch a 10 lb monster bass and eat it" guy. I appreciate the small stuff as well and am in it more for the nature and biology than sport.

#44 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

I've always been a catch and release guy too. There are too many people sucking the fish out of every body of water in NJ. My friends and I call them the bucket brigade since they always have a bucket full of fish of every size and species legal or not. I've actually started fishing less and sampling more since I joined NANFA. Trying to catch and identify all the fast moving critters I see in the shallows and under rocks is more fun to me then fishing right now.

#45 Guest_SunfishGuy99_*

Guest_SunfishGuy99_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

I've always been a catch and release guy too. There are too many people sucking the fish out of every body of water in NJ. My friends and I call them the bucket brigade since they always have a bucket full of fish of every size and species legal or not. I've actually started fishing less and sampling more since I joined NANFA. Trying to catch and identify all the fast moving critters I see in the shallows and under rocks is more fun to me then fishing right now.

your the kind of guy that i like :) wants to conserve our wildlife not suck everything out of the water we can possibly carry just for the heck of it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users