Free Swamp Darters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celaeno_*

Guest_celaeno_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

I am rehoming 3 swamp darters, each about 1.5". They are healthy and eating frozen bloodworm and spirulina brine shrimp. Very interesting fish but prefer cooler temp, which is why I'm giving them away.

Free to a suitable home. Local pickup in NY 11360.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

That's one of the most heat-tolerant darters; they really dont mind temps in the low 80s, if you'd rather keep them. I've caught swamp and sawcheek darters in NC at 86F

#3 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

If you get stuck and want to ship, let me know. O:)

#4 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the offer to members.
One can often encounter Swamp Darters and other natives of interest in shrimp feeder tanks at your local fish store.
I always check those tanks and a couple shops call me when interesting fish show up. It seems to be a seasonal thing... i guess it is when and where they are dragging seines.
I have "collected" Bluefin and Seminole Killies, Swamp and Cypress Darters, Least, Cingulatus and GoldenEar Topminnows. Gambusia and little sunfish if you want em.
Oh yea... Flagfish too.

#5 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the offer to members.
One can often encounter Swamp Darters and other natives of interest in shrimp feeder tanks at your local fish store.
I always check those tanks and a couple shops call me when interesting fish show up. It seems to be a seasonal thing... i guess it is when and where they are dragging seines.
I have "collected" Bluefin and Seminole Killies, Swamp and Cypress Darters, Least, Cingulatus and GoldenEar Topminnows. Gambusia and little sunfish if you want em.
Oh yea... Flagfish too.

I've "collected" all those the same way, plus Largemouth Bass, Black Bullheads, Rainwater Killies,and Tadpole Madtoms. An easy, inexpensive way to get some cool natives, especially for us yankees!

Edited by Subrosa, 01 October 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#6 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, I just got some least killifish the same way.

#7 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I've "collected" all those the same way, plus Largemouth Bass, Black Bullheads, Rainwater Killies,and Tadpole Madtoms. An easy, inexpensive way to get some cool natives, especially for us yankees!

Seriously jeleous. The only contamination I can find in my local feeder tanks are mosquito fish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users