Travel to Greenville, SC

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Man, I am so jealous. Would love to get out there with you, but this Palmetto NANFAn will be somewhere in FL or GA most of that day. Have a blast. Again, I hope to make the next one...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#22 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

Guest_biggreenavalanche_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Prob round 9ish...I'll be better able to give solid time later in the week...on my end it'll be me and GF...

#23 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Ryan, will you be able to make it? I will bring Stephen up with me. I think 9ish sounds doable. Let's hope for some cool dry weather.

#24 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm in as it stands right now. I have potential plans for friday/saturday that may spill into sunday but they aren't confirmed yet.

#25 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

This sounds like a good time. As much as i'd love to get out with some other South Carolinians, we have Pennsylvania friends coming in on Saturday.

Have fun

Harry Knaub

#26 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Bring 'em along ! :). Jk, have fun...

#27 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks, but they just don't seem as crazy about little fishes as the rest of us.

Harry Knaub

#28 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Lol, no sweat Harry !

Rich

#29 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sorry I had to back out, other plans got in the way.

How'd the trip go?

#30 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

No problem. We had a good trip. The weather was great and we caught tons of fieryblacks, yellowfins, rosyside dace, striped jumprocks, seagreen darters and more.

#31 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Glad the weather cooperated. Any pictures?

Edited by clemsons2k, 01 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#32 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hopefully Rich will post some shortly.

#33 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

I enjoyed it. Fieryblacks were in awesome color. We should do more trips like this, with other regional people.

#34 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think that's called our yearly convention.

Harry Knaub

#35 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

I meant more often than annually.

#36 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

The Charlotte Aquarium Assoc (CAAS) and the South Carolina Aquarium Assoc (SCAA) have been talking about field trips on their forums lately. I always love to encourage tropical fish keepers to get out in the creeks and experience natives. Dustin has been the main native "ambassador" to those clubs so far, but I'm sure more cross-over between NANFA and the tropical fish clubs would be appreciated. I'm leading an afternoon seining trip around Raleigh immediately after the Raleigh Aquar Soc picnic on July 20 at Unstead State Park - a bit far from Clemson - but if any NANFA folks can make it, please do.

#37 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

The Charlotte Aquarium Assoc (CAAS) and the South Carolina Aquarium Assoc (SCAA) have been talking about field trips on their forums lately. I always love to encourage tropical fish keepers to get out in the creeks and experience natives. Dustin has been the main native "ambassador" to those clubs so far, but I'm sure more cross-over between NANFA and the tropical fish clubs would be appreciated. I'm leading an afternoon seining trip around Raleigh immediately after the Raleigh Aquar Soc picnic on July 20 at Unstead State Park - a bit far from Clemson - but if any NANFA folks can make it, please do.

I'm also a member on the SCAA forums, and last I checked their collection trip probably wasn't going to happen.

#38 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Attached File  joseph reed jr 003.jpg   85.58KB   2 downloadsAttached File  joseph reed jr 009.jpg   110.55KB   3 downloadsAttached File  joseph reed jr 020.jpg   261.26KB   2 downloadsAttached File  joseph reed jr 041.jpg   149.64KB   2 downloadsAttached File  joseph reed jr 001.jpg   197.78KB   3 downloadsHey ! First, sorry I've taken so long to post, just returned to a computer with the ability...second, Dustin and Steven were the BOMB
! Very knowledgable and were kind enough to overlook the fact that I was LATE ! (a minor time miscalculation ! :) ) and showed up with a "gimp" back...(could barely walk)

The weather was awesome, the water was clear and freezing, the fishies were plentiful and obliging and the scenery was fantastic...all in all a "fab" trip for a novice like me...we tripped to two different creeks in the foothills/mountains above Greenville, spectacular secenary and a nice tour of the area...if you go, watch out for the bike riders !

On pain of a slow protracted death I've been sworn to secrecy concerning the actual creeks we went to...if you want locations, you'll have to ask Dustin...they are his "sweet spots"...

ok, we caught Rosy Side Dace, Sea Green Darter, fieryblacks, yellowfins, and striped jumprocks...

Of all we caught I ended up keeping several fieryblacks, yellowfins, rosy side dace, and sea green darters...they made a 790 mile journey and ended up in my 125 river tank...for some reason I lost all but three darters...the rest made the trip in fine fashion...I'll post tank pics later...

Cdunno if I posted these pics correctly or not...if not I'll try again...

Much Thanks to Dustin and Steven...cool cats and lotta fun...oh yeah, the BBQ and boiled peanuts were the fitting end to a wonderful day...

just as a side note...this was my first ever trip where I met with fellow forum members...let me assure you they both made it a wonderful experience ! Cannot thank the pair enough...I am a total novice at the "trip report thing" and do not have a photo tank...will fix that before I take my next trip and will endeavour to improve my trip reporting...constructive critisism welcome...ingnore spelling mistakes ! LOL !

Rich

Edited by biggreenavalanche, 08 July 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#39 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

Man im really sad I missed out on that trip. Looks like some awesome fish!

#40 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Man im really sad I missed out on that trip. Looks like some awesome fish!

Was a great time !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users