Gallery Archive?

55 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Any word on when the Gallery Archive will be back on-line? I've got a whole bunch of new photos to add :)

Thanks,

-Nate

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Still working on it Nate. But thanks for the incentive. Always good to see your pics.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_magic-carpet_*

Guest_magic-carpet_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

Gallery is now working. We are close to the server disk limit now. Temporarily, please resize your images to be smaller before uploading. This is until we get more disk space.

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

Fantastic Sajjad! Thanks for your work on this.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

When viewed at smaller sizes, some of my images are being cropped. Not sure why. This has happened on all images I've uploaded in the past few weeks. When viewed at the largest sizes, the images appear fine. Any chance I can correct this?

Examples:
http://gallery.nanfa...ageViewsIndex=1

http://gallery.nanfa...13_ NT.JPG.html

http://gallery.nanfa...ageViewsIndex=1

#6 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

ahhh Nate, I forgot you... so sorry... glad you asked again... I will definitely look into this over the weekend

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Nate,

It looks like you had two different problems, both related to just processing the smaller versions of the pctures (called 'resizes" in the software).

The trout and the salmon were actually not a different ratio... it was just the watermark that was messed up... I just opened the picture and deleted the water mark form the resizes and reapplied it and it came in at the correct size... and they are fine.

The lady fish was different and it seemed that the resizes did not finish processing and so cut off the bottom of the picture... but the data was all there... I changed the size of the resizes and they processed correctly and then I changed them back to the standard sizes and they were fine...

Not sure how many pics you have that did this, the fix that I applied was a little manual, but effective... I am not sure what caused it, if it keeps happeneing let me know.

#8 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for fixing those images. The problem continues with each new photo I upload and still exists on all the photos I've uploaded since the Gallery has been put back on-line. Is there something I can do during the uploading process to remedy this?

#9 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

It is still happening when you upload now? It looked to me like it was a processing error at the time of upload or small size creation.

How are you uploading? With one of the tools or drag and drop or what?

#10 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

It is still happening when I upload now. I upload "From Web Browser".

#11 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Nate,

Can you try again... I made some changes to how the Watermark is applied... I think that may be part of the issue (I hope)... I will also upload some more tomorrow and see if I can re-create the problem.

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

OK, Nate, I was able to see the same problem with some pictures that I uploaded (Fishes of Stone Mountain)
http://gallery.nanfa...fe/stonemt2013/

But then I deleted the Watermark feature and uploaded some pictures and the problem did not occur (for me).

See if you can upload one or two now and confirm that the problem is not occurring... then I will try some stuff tonight to see if I can get the watermark back... without having the problem.

#13 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

First off, thank you very much for all your attention to this problem. I appreciate it very much. Second, I was able to upload pictures without having them cropped. Now, they just need the NANFA watermark.

#14 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Nate, I am glad to be helping you (really we are both helping everyone, by getting it "right" for us all). I am not a expert with this software, but so we are having to be a little bit methodical. We now know that it has something to do with the way we applied the watermark. I turned the whole feature off, now lets me see if I can turn it back on in the right way or with the right features so that it processes the way it used to and the way we want it to. I' will let you know...

#15 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Nate, I think I fixed it! I just uploaded some pics and they came in cleanly and had the watermark like they are supposed to... I ran some maintenance programs before and reactivated the watermark. It did not automatically fix the ones I uploaded before that were wrong, but it did upload new ones correctly... I am going to go back now and see if I can figure our how to fix the other group.

#16 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Nate, I figured out how you can fix all of the watermarks and all of the photos in a whole album at once... follow this process...
  • Login and navigate to the subalbum that has the new (messed up) photos in it, but stay at teh album level
  • on the left, click on Edit Album
  • across the top, click on Watermark
  • go to the bottom and click on the "also apply..." in section 4
  • click Remove Watermark at the very bottom
  • now navigate back to the album you just changed and look at the pictures... they should be the right size, not cut off, and they should be without any watermark on them... this worked for me, but you and I are learning together here... so double check it... if everything is OK then you can start to re-apply
  • Navigate to the album again
  • on the left, click on Edit Album again
  • across the top, click on Watermark again
  • go to the bottom and click on the "also apply..." in section 4, again
  • click Apply Watermark at the very bottom
This is a little bit processor intense (meaning your computer is having to work hard) so be patient with these steps. All of this worked for me pretty well. I did have some of the thumbnails that got messed up or went kinda blank so I had to do this one other process.
  • Navigate to the album again
  • on the left, click on Edit Album again
  • across the top, click on Album
  • curser down to the place that says "Apply settings to existing items"
  • check the boxes that say Apply album settings to thumbnails" and the one that says "Build thumbnails too"
This will re-build your thumbnails correctly if they got messed up... again, this takes the computer a minute to do so be patient... but it is all alot easier than the manual thing I did the other day one picture at a time.

Let me know if this works and if you have any problems, let me know that too, and I think I could do it for you with admin rights, but I am not sure... give it a crack yourself first... its always good to know how to fix stuff.

#17 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

http://www.flickr.co...N05/9884772134/

Here's a screenshot of my tabs when I go to edit a folder. I cannot edit the watermark. That might be an administrative option.

#18 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh Crap! I as afraid of that. So send me a PM with all the folders that have a problem and I will fix them. Alternately, I could grant you admin powers for a few days?

And at least we fixed the problem for new uploads, right? Did you try new uploads?

#19 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Was this ever resolved? I've got a bit of a backlog to upload...

#20 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yes sir, we did fix it for anything new that you upload as far as I know.

If you are concerned, upload a group of 10 or 20 or so...

If there is any problem I can help you resolve.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users