Gallery Archive?

55 replies to this topic

#41 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I thought we had it fixed for Nate so that it would not happen for new stuff. We must have had a setting change. Let me look at it this evening.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#42 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hey Dave, I fixed the Esocidae sub album just by removing the watermark and re-applying it... not sure what caused that to happen for you. I will keep looking. Let me know if there are other photos with this problem.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#43 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hi Michael,

I seem to be having the problem again: http://gallery.nanfa...11__NT.jpg.html

#44 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

I just finished a elaborate uploading of my KY convention photos, chronologically with graphics and captions to the Gallery Archive. Everything worked well but the software and editing tools takes some getting use to, a bit awkward at times getting everything just right. Actually by the end of the session i was pretty efficient.
No complaints here with the outcome. ( If anyone can provide proper IDs on some of the mystery fish i will correct them and acknowlege you ).

On another note i sometimes experience "photo links" when viewing someone's posts. I do not see the photos and am required to click a link to see it. Generally i will not do so. Why does this occur as it has only occured since the "move"?

#45 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Actually Casper, many of your Kentucky photos seem to have the same problem that Nate's has (for me anyway). The bottom portion is not loaded all the way and just shows dots. It seems to be related to the software resizing the image since the full size image is always fine.

#46 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Everything looks fine on my end. According to exBoD member Irate Morman i have a cro magnon system being XP IE and all, and he prods me to get with the real world.
All my images are uploaded to NANFA's site, and many just a few days ago and all look fine from my "primitive" vantage point.
All these Google, Apple, Facebook, YouTubers and Bill Gates folks don't like each other.

Something fishy is going on here.

#47 Isaac Szabo

Isaac Szabo
  • NANFA Member
  • Marble Falls, AR

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

Well, maybe the issue is only on some systems. It could be easy to miss, though, as it's usually just a small part of the bottom of the image (circled in red).

Posted Image

#48 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Hum...
I studied several of my KY photos and though i have no pattern of "dots", some appear to be cropped at the bottom varying amounts, which can trim off the...
IMAGE HOSTED BY
GALLERY NANFA.ORG
to different degrees.
If i click once on the large photo it enlarges further but is still "cropped", a second click enlarges it even more and then it is complete and uncropped.
A bit of a minor issue but i do not like the look of the dots as seen on your device, especially when they stop oddly across the bottom as shown in your circled image.

I just stumbled across another seemingly consistant oddity. One my recent posting of the Moon Pie Moonshine image, when i am signed in i do not see the image, just a link that denies me access to view the image. Yet when i sign out there it is, plain as day.

And another oddity...
My Tates Hell 2011 and Virginia Convention albums are fine and seemingly all pictures uncropped, and the...
IMAGE HOSTED BY
GALLERY NANFA.ORG
is fully visible.

But on my Missouri Convention album there is not the...
IMAGE HOSTED BY
GALLERY NANFA.ORG
lettering, except on the very first image, the title.
I would actually prefer not to have this copy...
IMAGE HOSTED BY
GALLERY NANFA.ORG
on any of them. I wonder if i toggled something on or off when uploading them. ?

#49 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

I will look into the "re-sizing image" again... as you can see from earlier items in this thread, this is a problem we have had before... I obviously have to figure this out on a more permanent basis... sorry guys... this has been a tough one form me... but I will keep on it... but not during the week... gotta wait for the weekend to put the time in.

#50 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Nate and Dave, I turned off the watermark, reformatted all of your pictures, and reapplied. I think that it fixed everything. The only thing is I limited the size options to 800 x 800 and original size only (eliminated the 640 x whatever size which I don't think is a big deal considering the advancement of the technology).

But I am going to keep working on this software. I need to get into the details of how it works so that NANFA can actually be good at this. Our photo library is an amazing resource for the world. NANFA certainly has the best photos of North American fishes anywhere on the web.

#51 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for fixing that photo for me, Michael. I tried another upload on Jan 27th and still had the bottom of the picture cut off.
http://gallery.nanfa..._11_NT.jpg.html

Should I refrain from uploading until the problem is resolved?

#52 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

no, please don't do that... keep posting and keep telling me when there is a problem... I have unfortunately not fully resolved it... but the forum is too valuable a resource to be sidelined... if I have to, I will update and reload every weekend until I get a full resolution.

#53 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

According to exBoD member Irate Morman i have a cro magnon system being XP IE and all, and he prods me to get with the real world.

Casper, follow these simple directions:
Ugg. Bunga Binga! Ugg.

That should set you right.
The trouble with XP is that they made it too good. Nobody wants to upgrade.

#54 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hi Michael,

Any word on a resolution for the cropping of the photos?

I uploaded an image recently, and the problem remains: http://gallery.nanfa...hiners.JPG.html

Of course, for this image, the cropping doesn't make a difference. But I noticed it was still an issue. Again, I don't want to upload a bunch of images and then have to go back and re-upload them, or have you make edits to fix the cropping issue. That would be time consuming for both of us.

#55 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

it is not that time consuming for me to edit them... and your photos are well worth the effort...

really the only thing I have to do is to remove the watermark and then reapply it...

I will go in today and do that for your subdirectory and can do it again anytime you need (just let me know). I have not been able to find out why this occurs some time (it does not happen with every upload).

Please don't let this be a a hindrance, go ahead and load your pictures please, and I will continue to try to get this fixed or make it right.

#56 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Fixed it... see that was easy... I know it is all in how the watermark is applied, just not sure how to control it exactly... but I can fix it easily and make sure that all your photos are appropriately watermarked.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users