Gallery Archive?

55 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Michael,

Thanks for resolving this issue! The Gallery Archive is working correctly for me once again.

#22 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Where has the hide/unhide checkbox within the edit feature gone?
Has it moved? Removed? Perhaps I've become delusional and forgot where it was?

At any rate, I cannot for the life of me make veiwable images I've hidden in the past.

#23 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Let me look tonight. You should be able to edit your own.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#24 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

If anyone else used that feature, it should be re-activated now... if not, let me know.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#25 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

I had a block of time available and intended to upload a bunch of stuff. First upload is showing a broken glass image.
Perhaps another day!
http://gallery.nanfa...Atherinopsidae/

Both computers at the house show this, along with other images not being viewable.

#26 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

That is usually a problem with the thumbnails... I checked and the photo is actually there and looks fine. Should be able to just go in and re-create the thumbnails. I will look at it later this evening.

#27 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Here's what the problem has evolved to with both machines I have access to.

Attached Images

• gallery.jpg

#28 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

right, Lance, this has nothing to do with your machine... it usually is a problem with either the thumbnails or at least one time in the past, it had to do with our new server memory (and I don't really understand this stuff, but I think Sajjad fixed it for me once before). I tried to re-build the thumbnails and that didn't seem to clear it up. I will ask Sajjad what he can do to help us.

#29 Guest_magic-carpet_*

Guest_magic-carpet_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi all,

It appears that we are currently having a problem with the Gallery Archive. Specifically, automatically generated thumbnails are not generated cleanly. Michael and I are working on this.

It might take a day or two to fix.

It is also very likely that the Gallery Archive will be taken offline to fix this issue. Rest assured, we will try to bring it back online as soon as we can.

Sajjad

#30 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Work on the Gallery Archive is beginning today and I will be putting it in "Maintenance Mode". Probably best if folks stay out as much as possible today.

#31 Guest_magic-carpet_*

Guest_magic-carpet_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

Things should be working now. Could someone please check if stuff is working as expected?

Gallery2 should have logged out all existing users. If you go to Gallery2, check if you are logged in (you shouldn't be). But, you should be able to login again just fine.

#32 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm still getting the same screen at the initial family level as a guest. Once within a family album, all is visible and works as far as I can tell.
Logged in, all is visible and accessible.

#33 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

All seems to be working now.
Thanks for the work fellas.

#34 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hate to bring this up...

The small-size thumbnails seem to cut off part of the image. The original size is fine, and the thumbnail preview is fine. The 600X whatever and 800X whatever are both wonky.

As an example:

http://gallery.nanfa..._2026b.jpg.html

thanks!

#35 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

This is a problem we had before... I thought I fixed it... we should look at the other Gallery Archive threads

#36 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

OK, the resolution is on post 16 of this thread... if it is just a new directory or something let me know... or PM me and I can help if you let m eknow what directories are affected.

#37 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

Sorry, I should have remembered that.

Thanks!

#38 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

...but Watermark seems to be an admin option. The only options I seem to have are General/Album/Theme/Custom Fields, unless I'm missing something.

#39 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

You're right. Is it happening to all your pictures Dave, or just a specific album or sub-album. Is it happening on new uploads only? Or are these pictures that have already been in there? Let me know and I will go in and fix it today. Or like I told Nate, I could make you an admin for the day?

#40 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Michael, it's just new stuff. Some of Lance's newer stuff is the same way.

Whatever is easiest for you... I'm happy to deal with it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users